It's looking like surgery for Dball...

This morning I received a call from the radiology nurse (I swear that's what she said) at the pediatric clinic.  She said D has both an esophageal ring and a hiatal hernia.  Joy!  This Thursday we have a "surgical consult" with a Pediatric General Surgeon who travels from Arkansas Children's Hospital to NWA every month to see patients here.  I'm guessing that means there is to be a surgery, we just need to go over the xrays/upper GI that are on CD (that I have to remember to pick up from WRMC beforehand) and decide when and where, and what specifically he's going to surge. 

Dball is stressed out for a person anyway, and he's additionally so now thinking about the IV's and needles.  I'm hoping he'll like the Dr and maybe it will put him at ease some. 

Unfortunately, having some experience with both conditions, I know that ring didn't just show up one day.  It was built up, probably in part because of the hernia.  I'm wondering how long the poor boy has been suffering. :( I can't tell if he just thought whatever was going on was normal, or he just didn't want to tell me something was going on for fear of having to see a Dr to have it checked out.  And he's not talking.  I am REALLY glad we homeschool, and he's here with me most of the time.  I'm thankful he isn't being bullied all the time like he was in public school (which I didn't know about until way too late), and I wonder if that contributed to any of it.  I keep thinking back to how he refuses to eat at most other people's houses, and how he wouldn't eat lunch at public school AT ALL the entire first semester of kindergarten. 

All of which starts to depress me pretty quick.  I just hope the surgery is smooth and easy, and that he feels a great deal better afterward. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔