When I wasn't looking

it would seem that someone taught Kupcake the letters "A", "B" and "C".  We have magnetic letters on the fridge, and she frequently plays with them and assigns them random letter names.  I taught her that "Kupcake starts with K" (showed her the K), "Poppy starts with P" and so on for DBall and Mommy as well.  She remembers those easily and can show you which one goes with which person's name.  But she doesn't always remember the name of the letter, as near as I can tell.

Today Dball had his teeth cleaned (NO CAVITIES!! Hallelujah!), and Kupcake and I played with a basket of toys in the room where the cleaning happened.  Then we had to leave for xrays.  In the waiting room there was an ABC puzzle (literally, only had those three letters).  She brought it to me to help her put it together.  I picked up the "A", and she said "A for .... apple!"  We placed those in the puzzle.  Then, "B for...... ball!".   Finally, this one was a little trickier, "C for kitty!".  We talked about how Kitty starts with K, just like Kupcake.  But CAT starts with C, and that's what this puzzle was asking for.  By then, however, her 2 y/o attention span was spent and she took the puzzle away from me and put it on the table.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔