26 February 2014 . . . 50° yesterday, 25° with snow flurries today

It's been a long Winter.  Seems like we've had more snow and ice this year than we've had in a while.  I am positive there snow flurries flying when I looked out the window at 8:00am this morning.

It's also been horrible for allergies, for Dball and myself.  A couple days ago D was itching and his eyes were swollen and red, and he had welts coming up on his arms, back and hands.  Last night his dyshidrotic eczema (we both get on hands and fingers) was flaring up as well.

So I figured I need to document what is working for this.  At first when it was just the eczema, I was using helichrysum hydrosol, and then when it dried I had him use a lotion bar I make from coconut oil, frankincense an lavender.  This protocol cleared it up very quickly, and we were able to avoid steroids and antibiotics from the allergist (last year we ended up going that route).

The elm and cedar pollen are causing us both allergy problems right now, and since he was itchy all over his back, arms and hands as well I decided to try the chamomile hydrosol I just received in the mail this week.  FABULOUS!!! It helped the itching, hives and eczema.  I still had him use the lotion bar after it dried, and he took a benadryl just in case since he was going to bed and I didn't want to risk him to go into anaphylaxis while we were asleep.

Weekend before last Aball came home with some plague he picked up at work, and had to be treated with colloidal silver spray (in his throat), Quantum elderberry syrup (with mullein), hot milk with honey (local honey, fresh ginger, cloves, whole lemon slices in mason jar in fridge) and Dr Christopher's sinus plus.  Dball also got it (in addition to the allergy issues he was already having) and had to be treated similarly.   Both of them have mostly recovered from that.

Okay I think that's all I needed to document before forgetting for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔