different kind of week

With out boys at Scout Camp this week it's been somewhat different for Kupcake and me.  I am SO glad that D and B were able to go to the camp, and D went down the zipline and everything.  I wondered beforehand what exactly K and I would all week with just the two of us.

I'm thinking she had a plan all along. :) We've fed and watered the dog every day, watered the garden plants, played in the water hose, swung on the swings, swam in the pool, went to library day, cooked things, read books over and over for hours, went shopping.... we have not been bored.  K has slept through the night every night, wakes around 6:30 and I get her and put her in bed with me.  We generally get up around 9am.  Thanks to Nana we've learned that Daniel Tiger IS now available on PBS Kids through roku- hallelujah!

K has learned that while she is scared of the vacuum, it's much quicker if you can convince someone else (me, usually) to vacuum your messes off the floor instead of picking them up yourself.  Today, in particular, she put animal crackers on her floor and then asked me to vacuum them up.  I informed that I was NOT going to vacuum, and she could either vacuum them up herself or pick them up and put them back in the bowl.  After an hour or so she picked them up herself and brought me the bowl.

A little later she ate the first little bowl of popcorn just fine, but the second bowl wound up on the floor.  Where she feels I should vacuum it up from.  I still disagree with this plan where I clean up her mess, so she decided to wait it out.  She is now asleep on the chair in her room, with the popcorn still on the floor.  I'm thankful she's napping, because she hasn't napped for the last month or so.  Dinner will be much later though if she doesn't get the popcorn picked up soon after she wakes. 

This evening Kupcake feels like we should either go to "the cookie store", or make some cookies.  The chocolate kind! I do love her.  She definitely keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't want her any other way. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔