Was SO hoping to avoid night terrors with this one...

but alas, it wasn't meant to be.  Poor Dball had them for months (years?) and I thought he handled them poorly...

However he was not as bad as Miss Kupcake- wow! She arches her back, screams random things ("No! Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!", "Mommy NOOOOOWW!", "Purple blanket!" "I no LIKE!"), sounds frighteningly like the girl on exorcist whose head spins around.... it's very stressful for me.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember it in the mornings.

It's happened a few times over the last year, but I was hoping it was more random and isolated.  It seems to be brought on by stress, mostly.  Last year she was bitten by a girl in the nursery at Church, then bitten again by the same girl at park day, and she suffered for a week or two.  This past Sunday at Church she wandered out of the nursery while parents were leaving doors open while dropping off their kids, and found herself "lost" in the lobby.  Poor thing was traumatized.  Refused to stay in the nursery without a parent.  And she's woken up EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT. since then screaming and inconsolable.  Last night it went on for 30 minutes or so, then she went back down and it started again.

Blast it all! I thought it was Friday- apparently it's only Thursday.  I read on someone's blog the other day that they challenged themselves (and whomever else wanted to participate) to keep from complaining for 1 month.  It sounds like a good idea on the surface, along with not yelling at your kids for a month.... just wondering if it's truly doable. I mean for me, personally.  Surely I don't have any more to gripe about that anyone else?  And while things sometimes go not-quite-right in my life, if you consider third world countries and homeless, hungry people right here at home, my life is extremely blessed.

There I've almost talked myself into trying....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔