Some books I've read... and generally recommend

In Jr. High and highschool (lo those million years ago) I used to read and read and read. Then real life set in, we got married, we both worked fulltime, we spent years and years trying to reproduce. I tried to read when I was pregnant (and on bedrest) with Logan- but I don't remember much about that time period. I could've read some good books- but who would know. When D-ball finally came into the world, I nursed him for 2+ years and was much busier (and more exhausted) than I ever anticipated.

So sometime in the last couple years I decided reading was good for me,and enjoyable, and I should try it again. I wish I had kept a record of everything I was reading- I've forgotten many of them. But in the last year or so I've read a *LOT* and it's been fabulous! I'm going to list a few (mostly series) so that I have a ready-made list I can recommend and also so I can check back on specific series' to see if there have been additional volumes published.

All the Harry Potter books, of course
Twilight series (of course)
Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
Leven Thumps series by Obert Skye (Ruins of Alder coming out Sept 2010!!)
Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan
The Gideon Trilogy (Time Thief) by Linda Buckley-Archer
Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
Gregor the Overlander series Suzanne Collins
Hunger Games series (currently reading Book 2) also by Suzanne Collins
The Navigator series by Eoin McNamee

I can't think of the others at the moment... but I'll update when I do. Many of these are from the Young Adult section, and still others from the Children's Area of the library (like for grades 5-9). Sometimes the language and sex are too much for me in "adult" books, so I'm leery to read many things unless someone else has read them and can assure me they're not too smutty. =)

Comments

Unknown said…
I am also an lds homeschooler!! We have a neat penpal program set up if you are interested!! Your blog is fun!!
Im at momtothreebabies.blogspot.com and the penpal and lds homeschool blog is
ldshomeschoolersRus.blogspot.com
and ldsforeverfamilies.webs.com
Have an awesome day!!
Love, Jaelle
jaelleerica@yahoo.com
will be looking you up on facebook too!! im jaelle garner kaylor!
Unknown said…
Angie,
A few years ago my sister got me to sign up on goodreads.com. I find it is a good way to keep track of the books that I've read. It also gives you an idea of what other people are reading that you can get ideas from.

Apryll
Thanks y'all! I did go to Goodreads and input these that I can remember... hopefully I will recall some others before long. =)

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔