Wow- I'm way behind

I may never catch up!
We've stayed pretty busy for the last few weeks, with Christmas, company, New Year's and all.

My in-laws arrived two days after Christmas. That evening I made broiled lobster, garlic smashed potatoes, cheddar bay biscuits, broccoli w/cheese and cherry pie for dessert. We also had that sparkling grape juice- it was our "Christmas dinner". DBall of course had frozen pizza.

Since B is the only one here who eats sandwiches here and he normally eats P B & J, and we were all going to be home at lunchtime; I thought it would be good to get some lunch meats and cheese, and we could have sandwiches for lunch during the week. Evidently it wasn't a very good idea- because I've still got loads of ham and turkey left over.

I cooked almost every night while they were here- didn't want them to go hungry. Monday,of course, was pizza night so that's the one night I didn't cook. We had Eureka pizza- our fav. The next night we had chicken and rice with salad, green beans and biscuits. Then we had crock-pot beans w/ habañero & cheese chicken sausage (fabulous!) and cornbread. We had king ranch chicken one night (I really thought it was tasty!). For New Year's Day we had ham, scalloped potatoes and black-eyed peas. I forgot to make rolls that night, sadly.... We had (homemade) chicken veggie soup with rolls Saturday night.

We did manage to go bowling one afternoon, and one night we all went to see The Princess and the Frog (loved it!). Other than that we mostly played card games, and D was able to convince his grandparents to play wii games with him at one point. Church was canceled last Sunday due to the weather, but the in-laws were able to fly out anyway and are back in California where it's warm now.

D didn't do school for a couple weeks in December. For the first two weeks, when I was busy baking a lot, he helped me bake and did a couple of school subjects but not as much as usual. Even though the local public schools have not gone back to class yet because of the weather, we started back on Monday with a full schedule. And I have to say-I just don't care what anyone else says or thinks. I know that this is what is best for my child at this point in his life. He's so much happier and friendlier- and he's able to progress much faster at home with me. And for the record: Even if I don't comment or respond when people make snarky little comments toward me, our family or our decision to home-school- please know that I DID notice. I often just don't choose to dignify your nonsense with a response.

Since we were finally able to switch back to a regular type of insurance, I was able to get my thyroid blood-work done this week. The Dr. indicated that my levels were both fine (T3 & T4) but I'm still tired. He only raised my synthroid from 200 mcgs to 224 mcgs. Maybe that'll help- who knows. Maybe I'm just supposed to be tired and cold all the time? All my other levels were fine in June when I had then run, and I still felt this same way. Perhaps I just need to accept it.

It's been super cold this week... the high today was all of f. Tomorrow it may get up to 19° though- so that's something. My poor sister Ashlie had some horrible drawn out jaw/mouth surgery on New Year's Eve.... sounded like a complete nightmare but it's over and she's home recovering now. I'm kind of wondering if she'll look totally different when she finishes healing up from it? That might be fun. Not that she looked bad or anything to begin with- I'm just sayin'.

We haven't put away our Christmas decos yet. Bryson did brave the elements on Wednesday to take the outside lights down. They're still sitting in bags on the front porch next to the ladder- but technically they are 'down'. Today I packed a whole box of ornaments! Only one more left to go. I'm hoping shortly after we get the Christmas decos put away, B will hang my new pot rack in the kitchen for me. I'm so excited about that I can hardly stand it!

I only just realized we didn't take any pictures of gift opening activities. How truly sad for us. We also never made it back to the square for pictures. I think I'm a little depressed now. It's late though, I'll probably feel better in the morning. At least somewhat. Even though I likely won't be much warmer.


Comments

Nicole Bolinger said…
What a busy B you are!! :) I think it's great you homeschool! :) I personally think homeschooling is GREAT, very impressed witht hose of you who do it. I just don't see it in my future! :) Once you get to know Norain Primary I am sure you will quickly understand! :) LOL! Really, she's a great little girl!
Anonymous said…
Only a parent can truly understand their own child. I think it's great that you saw a need and took the actions to take care of it!
Thanks Girls!! Nora so cute I can hardly stand it Nicole- but I only see her a couple hours a week. =)

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔