Happy Weekend

So I got the floors done. I cleaned out the laundry room (took over an hour) but I feel better about it. I moved lots of stuff from the living floor to the living room couch, which is at least a minimal improvement. Now DBall & I are going to move them to wherever they are supposed to go,like his bedroom, the playroom, etc. I have a few folded things left to put away, and all the dirty dishes even from last night are in the dishwasher and not on the countertop.

Last night while I was getting dinner on the table Celeste called and needed me to go to the movies with her (she mystery shops theaters). So I left B & D home with chicken strips, green beans and disgusting garlic mashed cheese potatoes that Dball hates and ran off to see 7 lbs. I was pretty confused for about the entire first half of the movie, and there was a "security guard" who came in every 10-15 minutes or so (literally) and harassed people. Made me pretty nervous thinking someone was going to bomb the joint or maybe a serial killer was hiding out in the darkened theater, but it turned out he was asking people to leave when h saw them texting on their cell phones???? CraZy ignorant- it was SO distracting for him to walk in and out and up and down the stairs and talk to people. There were only about 25 people seeing the movie, and I NEVER once saw/heard anyone texting; so they certainly weren't the problem. Just some glorified security guard on a power trip apparently. We spoke to the manager afterward just to make sure something wasn't terribly amiss, and he apologized and gave us free movie passes to come back. YeeeHaaaw! I like free stuff.

By the timeI got home DBall was asleep, which I really dislike (I missed scriptures, prayers, kisses....). He and B had watched Indiana Jones and ate rootbeer floats which sounds fun. Of course when D woke up at 6:30 this morning he had to come in an hug and kiss me because he "didn't get to see [me] at bedtime last night". I am spoiled, lol. I know other people leave their kids with family all the time and their kids probably love to go spend the night with others... but we have no family near and I can't stand to be away from him overnight.

Sort of along that same vein, I make and sell nursing necklaces. I believe in extended breastfeeding, because the World Health Organization and now the American Academy of Pediatrics as well report that the benefits are great for both mom and child. It is suggested that one BF their child for at LEAST one full year, and longer as tolerated by mom and child. Since babies become quite easily distracted between 4-6mos, I make MaMaBaubles™ Mommy Necklaces™ to serve that purpose. I usedto sell them on ebay, but ebay is SO expensive to sell and rather inconvenient. Now I sell them on Etsy, though I haven't made a great effort to that end lately. Here's my shop on Esty,if anyone is interested: ABC's Shop. I think I've sold 7 so far, but they never leave feedback which I don't understand. Anyway, all of that was just background so I could post these pictures of this one I'm mailing off today:
This morning I woke up with my lower back and tailbone badly aching (ever since surgery my tailbone is killing me every day- especially if I sit still for more than 15-20 minutes). This morning B and D went to breakfast (donut shop) and then to Celeste's oldest sons's bball game. The C-man plays almost every Saturday, and since we decided against the Razorback ball game today B thought it might be a nice substitute to see this one. I stayed home (obviously) but I've made breakfast for myself and am about to shower.
I'm going to also add a few pictures (fairly poor quality though- my camera used to work fabulously but lately many pics turn out grainy?!) that I took while we were at Fast Lanes on Monday. Mostly they're D-Ball, Bryson and C-man; but I might sneak in a picture of Baby TuTu (hah! Celeste's youngest, C-man's little bro). Just because he's so darn cute and I like him real good.

Ooops- here he is! Baby TuTu!!

Comments

Bonnie Tadlock said…
speaking of nursing baubles, I wouldn't mind if you made one for Celia too (hint?). Melanie's is found here and there sometimes, and she'll now put it on as her own necklace--which is fun for her. Where she takes it off, I don't know..so that's why it's found here and there...but I'd love one for Celia anyway.
What colors and designs, hun? Just let me know- I'll get it made :). It's good for Mel to wear her's, that's kind of the idea :). Sometimes I make sibling necklaces if someone buys one for their infant, and they have an older daughter who wants to wear one like Mommy. Just let me know! XOXOXO
Bonnie Tadlock said…
For Celia, I'm thinking purples/lavenders & butterflies. Flowers are fine if it works better than the butterflies (or combo if it makes it look all the cuter :)..)

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔