It was a crock-pot day

I love my crock-pot. It's so convenient and everything turns out so fabulous- I'm really grateful for it. :) Today we went to sacrament meeting, but then we came home because D-ball's throat hurts. Also, sometime in the last 24 hours, he developed congestion in his chest. I gave him mucinex, tylenol, his regular meds + albuterol inhaler... and turned on his vaporizer. Now I'm glad he has an appointment with the pulmonologist tomorrow.

We've made a rule (again) that we're trying to stick to this time. Well, I'm trying. D-ball has to try what's for dinner, then he can have bread if he doesn't want to eat what the rest of us are having. He's basically down to just eating pizza, meatballs, chicken nuggets and hotdogs. He won't eat any vegetables unless they're fried potatoes. He will eat any fruit except bananas, but still he needs to try other stuff. When he was a baby he would eat anything- until he was about 3 1/2 years old.

So tonight we had crockpot chicken (cream of mushroom & creams of chicken soup, onions, salt, pepper) and rice. And green beans. I also made angel biscuits, which he managed to eat. I used Paula Deen's recipe- I addedit to my recipe blogover there on the side---->>>

Tomorrow may be icey, and DBall's hoping there's no school. I'm just trying to figure out whether to walk at the mall or the Jones Center. Probably the mall, except I feel halfway obligated to do my hair or something. Maybe I'll get over that.

Well I think that's all for now. I found Nannie's cookbook and am thinking I'll send it to my mother even though I want to keep it. I copied some of the recipes into my recipe blog, but she'll just have to tell me others over the phone if I decide I want one of them I guess. Speaking of whom, I spoke to Nannie last week (and the week before, and the week before that actually) and she seems to be doing fairly well. I really wish she had her own phone line so I could call and talk to her more. If mom's not home Nannie doesn't answer the house phone, and she has to use the cell on speaker phone in order to hear me (which I hate). We miss her here,and she keeps asking when we're going to come visit. :( But maybe it's good for her to be with mom, I don't know.

Alright I have to wake Bryson (who is sleeping on the couch) so we can go to our room and watch the Hallmark movie I DVR'd!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔