The very first....

It has been suggested that I should keep a running accounting of things as best I can regarding my upcoming Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery. I don't really know or care if anyone else reads it, but maybe it'll be helpful for someone (me?) somewhere along the line.

So I'm a little anxious/nervous, but mostly excited about my upcoming surgery. It is scheduled for 17th November, 2008. Dr. Josh Roller of the Roller Weight Loss Institute here in Springdale will be performing the surgery. he's done hundreds here in Springdale, but was fellowship trained at Duke University and did hundreds there as well. The plan is to have the surgery,comply with Dr's instructions,lose tons of weight, and have at least one baby. Since I'm already 37, I won't be able to have said baby until 12-18 months after surgery, if I've lost all the weight I need to lose. We'll see how this goes. Right now I'm just excited to get back to my old self- the way I was before the PCOS started manifesting, and erroneous physicians put me on low fat diets.

I'm looking forward to no longer: being diabetic, having high blood pressure, dealing with sleep apena; and some arthritis lessening, less back pain, and possibly asthma clearing up (as well as eliminating all the medications associated with aforementioned conditions). The receptionist and nurse at the Dr's office who recently had their surgeries said they left the hospital no longer needing diabetes meds. YAY!!!!! And the high blood pressure medicine is a real nightmare in and of itself- it will be so glorious to be rid of that.

We're planning to visit Nannie at Mom's house in Alabama around November 7th. We're looking forward to that ... mostly. The dogs will have to travel with us- and I'm not certain I'm looking forward to that.

We've almost completed the bathroom remodel, thankfully (2 years later). The countertops should be in soon, and we need to put the crown moulding, baseboards, window and door trim up. We lack one door (for the toilet room) and knobs for the bathtub.

So I guess that's about it for now. My friend Celeste and I are planning a busy full Summer including frequent visits to White Water and Silver Dollar City. She won't be pregnant and I should be able to do lots more that many months post surgery.

Comments

Trev said…
hey I check msn every so often but you're never on anymore. Why will the dogs have to travel with you? Also, the red text was a little hard to read on the background. I miss talking to you. In case you're busy and I don't catch you sometime in the next couple of days, happy birthday! I hope that everything goes your way.
Thank hun! I know I've missed talking to you too.. The dogs are coming because Nannie wants to see them ;). Also, they tend to get out when people leave our gates open (which recently happens with alarming frequency) and it costs a lot in my opinion to board them. We're having them groomed Weds, so they ought to be okay to travel with. Trust me, I know the red was hard to read- it's not the color I selected and I still don't know why it was showing up at all. I have to change the color with each post I guess, but whatever it takes. Hope to see you later!
Trev are you still around somewhere? Are you ok?

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔