It's almost that time again-

I'm not sure if I love Fall because my Birthday is in it, or just because it's Fall. I recently realized that it's entirely possible that Halloween is my favorite holiday because it's 3 days before my Birthday. Either way, I love it.

Our Halloween festivities went well this year I thought. Monday night after a short Family Home Evening lesson we carved our pumpkin ("Jack") and roasted pumpkin seeds. B didn't love the seeds, but DBall and I enjoyed them. They ended up using the electric screwdriver (drill)to help carving the pumpkin....


Jack


Jack "all dolled up"

Then we had a Halloween Party at our house last Wednesday, there were LOTS of people, lots of food, fun and games. Celeste handled most of the games- I didn't intentionally stick her with them, but she does an amazing job.... =).


Donut String Game....


I'm going to a Halloween party, and I'm taking....

I was actually surprised how many folks came out for a kid's Halloween party- but it was a lot of fun. It gave me a good reason to clean the house. I wish I had the time and inclination to paint the front office and dining rooms.... maybe I can get that done before Christmas?! I have SO MUCH to do to get ready for the Boutique Show on November 14- I doubt there will be any painting (or much of anything else) until after that.


Meringue Ghosties for the party!


And more and more party foods....

Friday night we had a chili dinner and Trunk-or-Treat at Rick McWhorter's party barn. We couldn't wear masks, so D-ball had to have his face painted (by me). I went ahead and painted some on my own face as well- figured it couldn't hurt. The food was plentiful and good, and I think all the kids had fun Trunk-or-Treating.

DBall & me, almost ready for Trunk-or-Treat!

Saturday was actually Halloween, and I had Super Saturday up at the Stake Center. DBall played with the other kids there while I painted most of the time. Then we came home for a quick lunch, and went to the indoor arena for the "Trick-or-Treat open". The kids dress up and golf 15 holes (like putt-putt) and get candy and treats at each hole. Aball finished up his day of work in the middle of it, so I picked him up and brought him back to participate in the end of the activity. Not much later the boys went shopping for my Birthday and a couple of grocery items, and I tried to take a nap. Trick-or-Treaters started coming before 6pm (who does that? I still think you're supposed to wait until dark!) After twilight Donnie & Aceball took the boys Trick-or-Treating while Celeste, Truman and I passed out candy here at the house. It was fabulous-I love Halloween!





Me- "all dolled up"

Comments

Unknown said…
Okay, I am so going to use power tools next time we carve pumpkins. What a great idea! Love the meringue ghosts too.
Laurie HIMCR said…
Great costume! Love your ghost treats! You rock!! Are we too old to say that?!?
LOL! I didn't read this til today. YOU may be too old... ;o)

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔