The day AFTER the Birthday is somewhat of a letdown...

I'm not complaining really. I realize EVERY day cannot be my Birthday. I hold this truth to be self evident...oops. Well I mean to say that I realize and accept that every day cannot be my Birthday. I disagree with the basic premise that we cannot celebrate me, at least in some small way, every single day... but that idea hasn't yet caught on like I hoped it would. But I digress...

So my beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy- a word about that quickly though. Has anyone else noticed that my child is gorgeous?! I'm uncertain how I go to be so lucky- but the child is truly a vision. He's so fabulous- I think I can understand why other moms out there may harbor some resentment toward me, and therefore may decline to celebrate me (at least in some small way) every day. It could be that they're distraught that they were not blessed with so precious a child as I. I cannot blame them. I, too, would be a little sad and annoyed were I not the blessed mother of so amazing a son. Sometimes I look around at other people's kids, and I think to myself, "
Oooohh maybe that one is cuter than mine".... then I realize my folly and move on. It hasn't happened yet, but I know the time may one day come when I see such a perfect little one.

So said beautiful boy must've been on his very best behavior for his beloved mother's special day yesterday. There was little, if any, complaint about the newish requirement to write in cursive. He did his math and reading comprehension worksheets with nary a whine. Even the spelling test went off without a hitch!

However today the child has almost made up for yesterday's bliss. Maybe "made a complete mockery of" is the phrase I was searching for there. Cursive handwriting is hard, and he shouldn't have to do it "all the time, on everything". This poor child can never get a break. Even after he wrote his words in his spelling log (in print I might add) his horrific mother made him rewrite ALL of them (yes ALL OF THEM) in cursive. It took him 6 whole entire minutes. It didn't take him HALF that long to print them in the first place, if you wanted to know. And when "break time" rolled around, how OBNOXIOUSLY RUDE that aforementioned mother wouldn't let him eat popcorn, drink
root beer and watch an entire Harry Potter movie. WHY ON EARTH NOT?? It DID SAY it was time for BREAK on the chart!!! Sounds like a break to him. To his mother- not so much.

Not only did I not allow him to watch the movie (he did, by the way, eat a miniature bag of microwave
popcorn from his Halloween stash and drink a cup of root beer) but I also made him finish the chapter book he started yesterday. Because I'm just that mean of a mother. Nobody else has to these things- all those happy children sitting in public school classrooms for 8 blessed hours a day you know. They aren't doing work- at least not the WHOLE TIME. Dball told me so himself, so it must be true. I actually know it's true, as it is one of the the primary reasons I pulled him out of public school- sitting there for 7-8 hours a day vegetating while waiting for others to catch up. Seriously. He maintains that TWO WHOLE HOURS A DAY of schoolwork at home is torturous and inhumane. And you wouldn't believe the response I get when I FORCE THE CHILD TO GO OUTSIDE for 15 minutes. I mean it's sunny and 66° F outside. What kind of thoughtless, evil person makes their kid go outside in such monstrous weather?

In his defense, the delightful little imp did give me a fabulous, fuzzy, pink bathrobe for my birthday yesterday. And a talking card that goes on and on about how I'm not aging at all- no
flappy arms (just wave them around woman)!! No wrinkles!! No bulges!! He's pretty impressed with it, and laughs hysterically every time he opens it. The voices are those two little critters from Hallmark that sounds like Beevis and Butthead. And then DBall laughs like Beevis and Butthead while he listens to it... "huh... huh huh huh... huh.... huhuhuhuh...." It's worth it just to hear that every couple of hours or so. The child does NOT watch Beevis and Butthead,unless the child's father has snuck it in when I'm away from the house. I'm just sayin'.

Last night B and I ate at Ruth's Chris and mine was SO FABULOUS I could hardly stand it. For our soup course we both had Louisiana gumbo (glorious!) and I had a
rib eye steak apparently grilled in butter, and creamed spinach. The steak reminded me of when Grandpa used to grill steaks on the charcoal grill (not to be confused- EVER- with a gas grill, which just cannot ever hope to produce the same amazing taste) on Saturdays. B had the spare ribs, but they arrived at our table still cold inside, sitting on a 500° plate. We had to send them back. Sadly, since we had a problem with his food- instead of getting the little dessert that came with the "deal" we were eating, we got to order off the real dessert menu. We had a chocolate explosion (fabulous little chocolate cake with ganache inside and Häagen-Dazs ice cream on top!) and crème brûlée. We brought the crème brûlée home for tonight!

Bryson gave me my Birthday gift after we got home last night. I received a black nightshirt that reads "Sparkle" on the front... since I sparkle he said. =) And, mostly, I just like things that sparkle.
I can't remember what else I wanted to say. I'm thinking I forgot to make the rolls again today though, so I better go get them mixed up so they can raise while I go to the library. I do love being a Wifey, a Mommy and homeschooling. I love cooking too- so being home all day to do those things is just about perfect for me. Hmm.. more on that later. Ciao!

Comments

Laurie HIMCR said…
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! You look so good, like you are getting younger while I just keep aging!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔