Another year, almost gone...

But I seem to stay busy.  All day, every day.  Obviously that cannot be true, but it certainly seems that way most of the time. 

ABall is still working at Wachter, though only a 2.5% raise this year.  We couldn't really expect a 200% raise like last year, but 2.5% is definitely lackluster.  He would like to stay local, and also make more money.  I've suggested he get a blessing, fast and pray about it, but I'm not sure if he's doing either.  Maybe he can work it out on his own somehow- we will see one way or another I guess.

Dball is in 6th grade and trying to find ways to avoid actually homeschooling most of the time.  He seems to have adopted the theory that if he stays quiet and sweet, I might not notice.  Unfortunately, with the busy 2 year old sister around, it works sometimes.  I'm excited about the new Math and Science for this coming semester though- and the Science is on CD as well, so there should be no excuse! 

Kupcake doesn't want to wear wet diapers.  Or big girl panties.  She's started removing her diapers when they're wet and she has easy enough access to them.  I think it's a good sign she doesn't like wet diapers, but I'd much prefer her to use the potty.  The little pink potty seat is obviously only a stepping stool, but she only sometimes uses the big potty.  She likes to read Once Upon a Potty, while sitting on the big potty, which is about 1/4 of the time. 

I've almost come to terms with my overwhelming desire to plan parties and get-togethers.  Dball doesn't love them but tolerates them, Aball doesn't care, and K is always willing to party.  But OTHER PEOPLE are not always too excited about them.  Still others decline my all-inclusive parties, and plan their own exclusive parties around the exact same time.  RUDE.  It's good, in some way I've yet to determine, that some people are almost always willing to attend my parties... but their lack of desire to help or do any of the actual work makes it a little less appealing to me.  I'm going to try to stick to smaller parties, with just friends and family who actually want to participate.

So it turns out I'm not married to a cowboy and don't live on a ranch.  Still.  I felt like I was pretty aware of that all along, but still manage somehow to cook as though the opposite is true about half the time.  Since my husband doesn't enjoy mowing the lawn or even being outside, I'm going to have to rework my lifestyle somehow.  Last year's garden didn't do very well, not exactly sure why.  I'm still planning tomatoes, peas, beans, yellow squash and zucchini this year.  The fruit trees finally produced last year, so there should be fruit again this year.  We haven't taken the pool down yet, but I removed the hoses and sweepers from the inside a couple months ago, and I guess when it warms up I'll have to remove the filters and get them out of the weather and maybe let the water out.  We're going to need some kind of shade in the backyard, otherwise it's pretty unbearable for most of the Summer.  Seems like I could order tiny little trees from the seed catalogs, so I'm going to look into that here pretty soon.

Kupcake's 2nd Birthday is next week!  Still pretty unbelievable to me.  She's sweet and very sassy, independent and adorable.  She's such a firecracker- I think she's got me beat, no matter how many people say she's just like me.  We like her pretty well though, so we've decided to keep for at least another year.  I figure if we make it through this next year, we're set until she is 11-12?  So much FUN to look forward to!

Comments

Reba said…
I can't believe she will be 2! Where has the time gone? Love your year wrap up. You crack me up. :)

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔