HAPPY 33rd BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!

My younger brother celebrates his 33rd birthday today- how exciting! Somehow he got to be older than me somewhere along the way... funny how that happens.

Yesterday I thought I had a lot to say here,but after updating the recipe and homeschool blogs, I couldn't recall anything. I'm still not sure what I thought I might mention last night, but since I feel somewhat accomplished so far for today, I'm going to list a few things here.

Yesterday I had DBall do his 2 math worksheets and spelling sentences, then we went with the Wheelers to do some mystery shops in Prairie Grove and Siloam Springs. On the way home we all ate at Flying Burrito and came home to take a nap. Well, I took a nap. Apaprently CMan & Bman thought we shoudl swim, and DBall no doubt would've agreed but I was so exhausted for some reason (lackof thyroid meds, no doubt) I could barely drag myself in the house fast enough to lie down. DBall ate popcorn and koolaid and watched a recorded movie ("When Good Ghouls Go Bad") on my bed while I napped. ABall was in Ft. Smith for more driver training yesterday, and got home a little after 2:30pm yesterday afternoon (yay!). We had red beans & rice for dinner- which I thought was fabulous, and ABall thought was a little spicy. We're back to DBall having to try everything at dinner, and he didn't love it. He at the rice separately, which he managed not to gag about (it was one piece of rice for glory sakes) but the ONE red beans he ate caused him some issues. But he ate it, and then promptly threw it up in the toilet. I'm good with it though- the child has to learn to eat something other than hotdogs. I MEAN IT THIS TIME. It is SO WONDERFUL knowing that ABall will be home for dinner every night, and we will all sit down at the table and eat, and he can help with learning the boy to eat.

This morning ABall has to do more ridealongs, so DBall and I dropped him at the post office at about 10 to 8:00am so we could keep the car. Then we made a deposit and returned a couple of library books. We do have library day tomorrow, but I thought we'd just go ahead and take them this morning because I also wanted to run by the "old house" to make sure everything looked copasetic.

When we returned home DBall did his two math worksheets (yes, even though his arm hurt- his right arm- the one he writes with) and then I read a few chapters of the Chronicles of Narnia to him. I had him look over his spelling words, then gave him the spelling test. I even gave him two bonus sentences. The only word he missed was "chocolate", so I was pretty pleased with the results.

With all the complaining he sometimes does about how hard his school work is, he completed it all for the day before 10:30am. So less than two hours, which I justd don't think is bad. At all. Last night I ordered the Pathway Readers and Teacher's Editions we need. I ordered the two third grade sets, "New Friends" and "More New Friends". I'm certain he's going to complain mightily about having to read those as well, but the child has to be literate, whether he likes it or not. I am starting to feel like we have a system going for homeschool now, and that's a relief for me.

It seemsto have stopped raining for the most part. Was pretty stormy this morning- the wind blew things all over the front and back yards, and the rain came all the way up on my front porch and managed to hit the windows on the front door. DBall was hoping the lights would go out ("it's always funner in the dark"). I'm glad they didn't go out....

I love folk art, and this is a lithograph I really want. I'm only putting it here so I can look at it, it makes me happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔