We've been so busy

I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to slow down. Of course I'm spending WAY too much time playing on facebook, but I'm fixing to put an end to most of it. I will still read about my friends and family's activities and such, and include my own, but the little extra apps will have to go.

Today D-ball and I went to Tanyard Creek with Wheelers and several others from one of our homeschool groups. I got more than double my "required" amount of exercise in for the day, so that's a plus. It was a nice park, and the water/waterfalls were lovely. I think we can count it as one of our trail hikes for the Summer.... maybe next week Celeste will think of another (more local? perhaps?) for us to try. Once I figure out how to download these pics off my phone and camera, I might add them to this entry.

Aceball went back to work tonight, but there's only 3 nights left of the graveyard shift, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. He has a third Dr's visit with the eye surgeon on thursday morning at 8:00 a.m., then we're heading off to Branson. Currently the 'plan' (because you know by now that I must have one at all times) is to go to White Water Thursday, spend the night in a hotel, then go to Silver Dollar City on Friday. We will come home late Friday night I'm sure, and ABall will start as a mail carrier Saturday morning. WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!! Wednesday night will be the last night he sleeps during the daytime because of work.

DBall and I started Singapore math today and I think we are going to like it. I didn't have to teach anything, because even though it's third grade math (I believe) it's review for him. He did a fabulous job on the 4 worksheets, and didn't complain once (you should be shocked and amazed here- I truly was). Afterward he told me he doesn't want to do Time 4Learning on the computer anymore. He wants me to find him a language arts curriculum with worksheets and a book, like Singapore math. So there ya go. I've already paid for Time 4 Learning for June; so he will do Language Arts, Science and Math through T4L throughout the end of June. I'm going to need suggestions from any and all homeschoolers out there about Language Arts curriculum with worksheets please!

I feel like I have so many things I want to do, and I dont' know how I'm going to get them all done. ABall took the van to work tonight (instead of the Camry) so he could stop by the "old house" an dpick up some more stuff tomove over here. I SO WISH we could've afforded movers to pack and haul it all over here. Doing it piece meal is driving us crazy. I'm absolutely worn out every time we walk in the door at the "old house"- and way too little gets done because of this. I've got a few boxes here now that I need to unload. I couldn't do it today because I was at Tanyard Creek all day,but I definitely need to force myself to unpack and organize at least part of the day tomorrow. At the same timeI feel like there's something I'm supposed to do tomorrow that I'm totally missing- maybe it'll come to me.

I'm currently working on my meal/chore calendar for June. I've moved "breakfast night" to Sundays, because for some reason Mondays were SO NOT WORKING OUT for me. I've moved "crockpot night" to Mondays, hoping it will relieve some of my nonsensible Monday night stress. Unfortunately tonight I had to go ahead and have "Breakfast night", because I wanted to have grill night last night and convinced DBall to have breakfast night tonight, under the condition that I would buy "real bacon". We've been having turkey bacon and my boys have been dealing with it nicely; but Nana makes blasted "real bacon" when we visit her house so DBall felt obligated to tell me that he actually prefers "real bacon" because "it just tastes so much better!" THANKS MOM.

This wonderful LDS mother whose blog I have added to my roll always has fun activities and ideas, as well as and fully prepared Family Home Evening Lessons on her blog. I LOVE HER! She is an absolute God-send. We haven't been doing FHE mostly because I'm a horrible mother, but also somewhat because of ABall's ridiculous work schedule. Another reason I am personally excited about his new position and daytime work hours is because I'm convinced and determined that we will have FHE once a week (probably on Sunday nights) whether we need it or not. But we definitely need it. And I'm SO TRULY GRATEFUL for this amazing woman with all the FHE lessons available on her blog. I can just print it out and use it as though it were my very own. LOVE IT!!!!! I'm planning ones on: prayer, sacrament, Ministering Angels and Agency and the Fall (of Adam). I cannot wait!

The same aforementioned blogger has Summer activities and ideas on her page. I'm hoping to get all the ingredients together to make "I Spy Bottles" with Deucey, Coleman and maybe Benjamin. They're made with water bottles and each bottle will have the same items inside, and a master list on the outside. Since there is no actual skill required to play "I Spy", they should be able to play together and I figure we can have winners and prizes sometimes. I might even make extra to take along for long car rides/trips as well.

Another activity I recently re-thought of is Geocaching. Click that to read a little about it. I do have a Garmin GPS, and I'm wondering if you can use coordinates (as opposed to street addresses?) with it. If I can figure it out I'm going to see if Coleman (and Benjamin?) maybe want to try Geocaching as well. I know *I* definitely want to try it! It's like hide-and-seek with complete strangers.

SoI need to finish up my June calendar and maybe take a bath. And read my book. And get to sleep already! What was I supposed to do tomorrow?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔