About that 30 mins of walking 3-5 times a week....

So my surgeon and nutritionist seem to agree that all WLS patients need to walk 30 minutes/day, 3 times a week. I did manage to exercise 3 times this week already, but due to the (albeit sugar-free) candy I've felt obliged to eat a couple days this week, last night in particular, I figured it couldn't hurt to add another day.

The thing is, I see other people out jogging or walking while I'm out, and they look good?! I do not look fabulous by any stretch. Picture it in your head (if you dare!!): ME- for starters. Then I'm wearing navy yoga pants (not 'cool' ones, the WM ones, but they're comfy at least). I'm wearing a black T-shirt that is (I CAN HEAR YOU ALREADY CELESTE SO I'LL JUST SAY IT FOR YOU) TOO BIG for me. And my delightful hair, which I did wash last night but slept on since then, is back in a barrette on top and a pony tail in the back. I've got my cell phone in my pocket (so I reckon there's an extra bulge there) and I'm carrying my 27 oz water.... which is in silver Klean Kanteen with a red case. I often wonder if the neighbors cringe when they see me coming....

Another thing is, some time during the last 7 months/100 lbs lost, I've begun walking faster. This may sound like an improvement, but I actually find myself wondering if I should slow down so I don't have to walk so far..... I get that sounds retarded, but I don't really care to THINK at the time of the morning. Not so much so anyway. So instead of just walking around 2 blocks or whatever, I've ended up walking around each block twice, once in each direction. And still I managed only 26 mins today, and no the 30 I was going for. I was thinking we might go to the Arvest stadium today though, where there will be lots of activities and of course fireworks later tonight, and we would be walking around the whole time so that will so that ought to count for at least another 4 minutes of walking. That's what I tell myself in my head anyway. And surely we'll swim today or tonight sometime, and walking around in 4' of water is good exercise for me too. I make it a point to walk around the diameter of the pool and make water tornadoes, so it's fun for DBall and me. :) ABall is off today (HALLELUJAH!!!!) and he may be entertained by my pool circles too.

I've been taking the Armour for, what, a month now? I'm exhausted most afternoons. Actually yawning and falling asleep if I sit still too long. I'm seriously wondering if I need a higher dose. Dr. O. said my Vit D was low, so I've been taking 6,000 IU a day. With the magic pouch and needing water to swallow 6 pills, it's a pretty daunting task for me some days. As luck would have it Dr. O. sells 5,000 IU pills in his office. I went to pick them up yesterday but their office was closed for the holiday?! Sad for me. Also my B12 is "normal" (I'm taking sub-lingual twice a day), but I'm still too tired and my muscles are killing me (like my thigh muscles have started cramping up in the middle of the night again- and even during the day when I'm sitting there doing NOTHING). I had all that blood-work done last month, and apparently everything was "normal" and there was no cause for concern. I'm going to copy my lab-work results and send them to Dr. O. and maybe he can figure out what's "wrong" with me.

I'm going to go ahead and confess that: I don't like water. I just do not. My surgeon and nutritionist encourage us to drink at least 64 oz of fluid a day, and half should be plain water. I am certain I get at least 64 oz every day- but I'm also pretty darn certain less than 12 oz of it is plain water. Really I think Crystal Light is fabulous- the cherry, the grape, the dark berry..... and if you're drinking high protein drinks, the fuzzy naval protein mixed with Orange Morning Sunrise is more than palatable. I see no way to "like" water. I guess I don't "dislike" it, I'd just rather not drink anything at all, unless I'm thirsting to death. It's really not a good motto when you're trying to keep from dehydrating after WLS....

Okay I took a break there for a while. Showered and dressed, and the boys have gone to buy fireworks. We were going to go to an early movie, but couldn't find anything suitable for our almost 8 y/o. We might rent movies for later I guess. We're having steaks on the grill for dinner... hope it isn't raining at dinner time. HAPPY 4th of July y'all!!

This is from Silver Dollar City at Christmas (2008). Thought it was fabulous, and though I've likely posted it here before, seemed to go well with the holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔