So glad it's Fall....

I'm considerably colder than I anticipated- but I can't complain. I HATE to be sweaty, and watching the leaves change and wearing fuzzy warm clothes all the time is fabulous.

Tomorrow is Nannie's birthday, and also Columbus day. I'm calling it a holiday! We're not having homeschool tomorrow- I'm kind of worn out?! Aball is off work tomorrow also- I really wish Where the Wild Things Are was already out so we could go and see it. At least we'll have pizza (medium for only $2.99 at Eureka!) and maybe (rental) movie night. Also there's soccer practice for DBall. Their Saturday game was canceled for some reason, so he has a soccer game Tuesday night this week.

Saturday Celeste and I had a bake sale for a missionary family we became aware of through one of our homeschool groups. They had been serving in Singapore, I believe, and came "home" to deliver their baby. The woman was at home w/a midwife, and there was some complication and she couldn't push the baby out. They went to the emergency room, but the baby had died before they arrived. My understanding is they had to do a C-section to remove the baby, and then of course they had unexpected hospital and burial bills.

So I had signed up through "House Party" and was selected to do the Build a Better Bake Sale House Party. We received lots of baked goods from fabulous friends, and set up OUTSIDE at Baum Stadium before the Razorback Game yesterday. It was cold! Celeste decided to sell things for "donations only" and it went wonderfully. We made over $200! I'm so excited to be able to help this little family out at least a little.

I finally broke down and purchased the pocket chart for DBall. It hangs on the wall outside his bedroom, and has clear pockets all the way down. I made little cards for every little thing (meds, brush teeth, brush dogs, Math, Writing, break & snack, lunch, park day..... you get the picture) and I'm really loving it. I'm still hoping to get into Arkansas Virtual School at least by next Fall. I'm thinking with the State providing a computer, printer, books, art supplies... it'll be a much more - mmmm - well-rounded (?) experience.

Oh yay- I've been sitting here watching "scary"movies (on Disney) w/Dball waiting for Aball to get home from his trek with the missionaries. We had French toast and bacon for dinner then he had to leave shortly thereafter. He's home!

Comments

Nicole Bolinger said…
I HEART FAll too! That was so nice of you to do the bake sale!!! You're awesome!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔