15 Blissful Years!


Well, cumulatively they've been good. =) B and I have been married for 15 years- unbelievable! No doubt all those naysayers are pretty surprised too. Especially those ones who thought we had to get married because we were pregnant. Hope they're feeling pretty DANG BAD about that now, considering all the miscarriages and the loss of Logan 11 years ago.

So we celebrated our Happy Anniversary in pretty grand style, for a 40 y/o pregnant woman. A fabulous friend kept Dball all afternoon (literally- from 11am-8pm) and we dressed up and went out. We had lunch at Ella's, inside the Inn at Carnell Hall on U of A campus. We had crabcakes for an appetizer (well, I had half of one cake), I had a hamburger (seriously- it was FABULOUS) and homemade fries, and B had beef stroganoff. For dessert we had creme brulee and peppermint cake w/ganache and raspberry coulis. FABULOUS.


Then we made a short trip to pick up a few Christmas gifts, then on to our massages. My lower back is killing me, and I stressed that's where I was having the most pain/trouble, but just like the last massage she focused on my shoulder blades? They go on and on about how many knots and such there are there- but really WHAT HURTS IS MY HIPS AND LOWER BACK. I just wish somebody would fix it.

After that we brought stopped for Taco Bueno and headed for the movies. We saw the new Harry Potter. We enjoyed it- it's a bit dark (lighting-wise and theme-wise) but fai similar to the book- at least B didn't complain through the whole thing about how they switched it up too much from the book. =)

Unfortunately I'm thinking we did too much, even though I did very little walking or moving around. Also my Kupcake may have dropped- which might contribute to me barely being able to walk at times. I guess it didn't occur to me that the Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction might possibly get worse when the baby was lower? I'm full of complaints, aches and pains today though. I did manage a shower before B came home for lunch, but that's about it. I had a bath and slept pretty well last night- but still took a two hour on/off nap this morning and I'm still exhausted now. My ankles, which didn't swell at all earlier in the pregnancy, are still slightly swollen from yesterday. Today marks 34 weeks pregnant for which I AM GRATEFUL. But I will be relieved to make it to 36 weeks. Kupcake can arrive anytime after December 3 and I'll call it good....

I did manage to find a great deal on some fairy fabric on ebay last week. A woman passed away and a family member was clearing out her quilting stores. They must not have realized the price this fabric was going for- I've been finding it all over for a lot more. Hopefully I can find a comfortable position to get the child's quilt made. Maybe even BEFORE she gets here!

My Aball finally made it home from work, and now he and Dball have done to a friend's house to watch the Razorback game. I think it's more like a boy's night out... there's lots of food and such involved. I think it's good for them though. Maybe after Kupcake is here and I'm better able to get around I will have to go do things with my friends too. I might have to take K w/me I guess, but it still might be fun.

I'm going to have to find a more comfortable position now. I'm thinking positive thoughts and not bearing down on anything hoping to keep Kupcake in there another 2 weeks at least....

Comments

Laurie HIMCR said…
WOW!! 15 years! That just seems crazy! Congrats! And Happy Anniversary!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔