Fits & Starts

This will not all be written today I'm sure. My very busy girl really doesn't have time for that sort of thing. She's 7 months old and crawling everywhere- plus she pulls up to stand all over the place now so you have to actually watch her pretty close.

So that was an hour and a half ago... :) It's such fun watching her learn new things and grow bigger (chubbier!) but it's also kind of sad to me. I'm not sure I really expected to get her, but since I DID finally get her, I really enjoyed the scrunchy baby part. I'm looking forward to her being able to do more and more for herself, but I also am dreading it a little. She has a strong little personality and gets kind of sassy- even if the boys don't know she's sassing them. Her Mama knows for sure. She just smiles at the boys and coos a little bit and they forgive and forget everything.

It's a new day! So I never made it back yesterday... But I've been trying (also in fits & starts) to get the house in order somewhat. We did some grocery shopping yesterday, which for some reason always wears me out. It's still pretty warm here, I believe about 102° right now. Today I was wishing there was something fun and different to do today, but didn't come up with anything. Cman is over to play with Dball, so all 3 of them (Aball included) are playing monopoly in the living room. Girl is asleep- bless her sweet heart. She's SO afraid she'll miss something- she really fights sleeping.

I tried out the Tres Leche recipe a few weeks ago- D wants it for his Birthday in a couple weeks. He says it's "like cake and vanilla ice-cream all in one!". FABULOUS!!

I also recently found what looks like the actual recipe for Monterey House candy from someone in Dickinson, TX where I'm from. I'm SO EXCITED I can't wait to try it. I've REALLY been searching for it for YEARS. I'm going to add both to my recipe blog, I believe!

Okay it's almost 1pm and I haven't had lunch. I have recently discovered GREEK YOGURT and OH, my STARS!!!! It's SO FAB I can't believe I was afraid to try it til now. I seriously dislike regular yogurt, and I really thought everyone was lying when they said the two weren't anything alike. I ask all of y'all's forgiveness now!! IT'S SUPER FABULOUS AWESOME!! And you can GET IT AT Sam's club! SCORE!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔