I guess I'll post from my phone, because

I'm high tech like that. Or.... because tiny naughty G won't let me out of her sight long enough to go to the desktop to post. Seems more likely. Today she's been clingy and whiny all day. Other than teething, I can't figure out the problem. The precious Kupcake at least 2, possibly closer to 3 scrambled eggs for breakfast. I usually make 2 days worth of breakfast at a time for the two of us. Today there is no "leftover" for tomorrow. Maybe a growth spurt is coming? When my delightful visiting teacher came yesterday, she shared with me something I honestly had no idea of prior. Our Bishop has told me that if we purchase a DVD/movie, we can make a copy of it and watch the copy so we maintain a good copy (original) in case something irreparable happens to the copy. Like your kid skates across cobblestones on it, or whatever. Well VT works as a counselor at the school. Apparently a neighboring school district got in serious trouble and ended up paying some hefty fines for having copies of movies they owned. Also for showing movies (the original, which they legally owned) to too many people at one time. Turns out you're NOT allowed to copy your own DVDs just to have a safe spare. This violates the copyright law and qualifies as pirating - you can serve prison time and have to pay thousands in fines. When I consider the ramifications of that, I guess it's not worth saving $20. At least, my personal freedom and integrity is worth a great deal more than $20. D is getting over a sinus infection- and feeling a great deal better than he did this past weekend. I like to avoid antibiotics when possible, but since he's probably only been on them 3 (maybe 4?) times in his life, including the time, I guess he's doing alright. I'm also thankful for vaccines. I can't imagine the illnesses the poor child might have (and the severity of his asthma!) if we didn't get him all the regulars and the FLU VACCINE. Love it! I'm so glad to live in this country and have such access to these things. I can clearly see the downhill fall we're in, and fully believe that the Constitution will be "hanging by a thread". But this is still the greatest place to live. I must make some black bean hummus now. There's pintos in the crockpot and we have the Pinewood Derby tonight- woohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔