Beautiful day- first day of Church in this new year...

After the weather being cold, icy or just too much snow, we were able to go to church today.  We're studying the Old Testament in Gospel Doctrine (not my favorite, I loved Doctrine & Covenants) but Rick seems excited and optimistic so that's definitely a big plus.

My sweet Kupcake is stuck in nursery again this year, even though we'd previously all agreed she would move up since her birthday is January 3, and she's definitely not behind in any way.  We had already talked to her about going to Sunbeams and how she was such a big girl now, and all her friends were moving up to Sunbeams too.... We're trying to be positive and encouraging about another year in nursery, even though we still feel it's completely the wrong decision for Kupcake.  Since she reacts to my feelings and anxiety, and since I have an extremely difficult time hiding those things, it's been a little stressful for me here lately.  We just found out last Thursday that she wouldn't be allowed to move up as previously agreed, so there was only a short time to re-prepare her (2 days) for Sunday.   I think she's doing okay with it for the most part though.

Also today it was 66° and super windy today.  After record lows and wind chills of -25° last Monday.  Unbelievable!  The winds were a little much at times, but still fabulous, warm and sunny.   Kupcake and Dball needed strawberry smoothies after dinner tonight, almost like summertime.  We're hoping it stays warm for a few more days.

Dball is still doing easy peasy for school, and it seems to be going well.  He's even learning Spanish!  Kupcake and I will start the alphabet for her next week.  She's very interested in letters lately so I figured we'd start with 'A', doing coloring pages, talking about lots of animals and things that start with'A', eat apples and whatever else we think of that starts with 'A', and then the next day we'll move to 'B'.  And so on.  In thinking we'll make an alphabet notebook out of all our projects for her to look back over.

This Wednesday is Dball's  appointment at ACH.  All I know is he will go to the EE allergy clinic and the EE gastrointestinal clinic.  In hopeful we'll figure out what foods are causing his troubles and be able to solve some issues.  Also I'm almost add excited to spend the night with Alice, Emma and Anna ☺.  Dball is looking forward to spending three night with his cousins Nick and Troy.  And Kupcake and I might get to see Jana too! Definitely going the weather holds for that trip.

We're sitting here watching the Lone Ranger, and obviously I am having a hard time focusing. I'll be done now and try the movie again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔