Christmas Season... advent

I have so many ideas and not enough time (or ambition? That could be the word I'm looking for) for this season. It's after noon and I haven't even showered and dressed yet because I've been looking up all these ideas online, and trying to figure out how I could get them all done.

I hope to finish my muffin pan advent calendar, but I'm lacking a few of the ornaments and some magnetic strips. Or something. So I need to go to Hobby Lobby today to get those, as well as some spray paint for the base.

My mother gave us a "Nativity Book" for Christmas several years ago, and sadly this might be the first year I've actually looked at it ahead of time early enough to start it tonight. There's a scripture, story and song for each night of the week for the 24 days prior to Christmas. I wanted to make a couple of these for friends, but didn't look at it THAT early and have not time to do that now. =( Maybe next year.

I keep reading about "Jesse Trees" and decided to spend the majority of my morning figuring out what they are. So now I would like to make one of these too- though that would be another scripture w/an accompanying ornament to go on one of the smaller trees (I'm thinking DBall's fiber optic tree, maybe?). Here's a link from Rocks in My Dryer where she talks about a Jesse Tree. You can find many references online as well. In fact you can spend hours and HOURS reading about it!

I've got dinner (Black Bean Soup!) in the crock-pot, and that's pretty much what I've accomplished so far today. Well, I did semi-balance the checkbook. Oh! And I went over math some with D, because he was ignoring the signs and multiplying everything- even the problems with division signs. Oh! That reminds me, I need to print up some more multiplication and division word problems for him- he has indicated that he can't always figure out what kind of problem it's supposed to be. Obviously. Perhaps I'll just use the same ones from the book, and change up the names and numbers. Maybe after my shower....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔