A little scratchy

(my throat, that is) but pretty good all things considering. I'm thankful we have had neither the flu nor the swine flu this season, and hope to avoid it altogether.

Bless his heart B has to work today- on his 34th Birthday. =( I wish he didn't have to- it's cold and rainy and he's out in it all day. D and I gave him under armour - the Walmart brand - pants and shirts for his Birthday and we're praying it keeps him warm and cozy all day.

We are financially challenged this Christmas, but that may not be such a bad thing. Our meager finances have inspired Aball to consider making me a pot rack for Christmas, out of a really neat cast iron grate he found on ebay. He's bidding on it now. If he wins he plans to brush off the rust, spray it with black rustoleum and hang it above my kitchen peninsula. I've been asking for a pot rack ($300? 500? SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!?!?) for years, and I'm pretty excited at the prospect and possibility of finally getting one!

I've been baking a lot lately. I've made Gingerbread Men,and learned how to make that icing that hardens and looks glassy- so you can stack them on top of one another without them smudging or getting messed up (or sticking to the lower cookies). I LOVE THEM!!! It will be fabulous with sugar cookies too- I think I'll make some shiny sparkly snow flakes!! I'm going to add the recipe to my recipe book. I had to tweak several recipes I found online, because I just couldn't get them to work out. Here's a visual of the Gingerbread Men- so yummy! Aren't they the cutest?



I've also started making peppermint bark. It is so wonderful I can hardly stand it! DBall has been a great help- and B. has helped on occassion as well. I bought the cutest little "ginger bread houses" to mail cookies and candies in to people. I can't wait to pack them up and give them away. I used a chocolate mold so they look even more Christmasy. D decalres them great- and keeps asking for more. Here's a pic I just took of these:


I've ordered D a "Fair Isle" sweater (from Nannie, actually- THANK YOU NANNIE) that will hopefully arrive soon. Then we can think about getting some pictures made I think. I figure since D won't be getting pics made at school this year, since we're homeschooling, I should get some individuals made of him as well.

You know he still has some stitches hanging on. Apparently the new dissolving stitches were actually for use in circumcisions, so if his injury had been in a warm moist place they might have dissolved by now. I guess that's what you get when you have a urologist stitch you up though, lol. We love him though and still appreciate his willingness to take care of our Dball so late at night- we can wait for the little things to dissolve. =)

Dball woke up yesterday morning saying his throat hurt "worse than usual", and mine did as well. They still hurt today. For several days we've both had scratchy throats- but mine is considerably more sore now.

I've been trying to sell some size 8 boy's Gap jeans on craigslistfor several week now. I have one woman who keeps meaning to call me when she's in Fayetteville (so I can take her the pants and get MONEY from her for them) but she never does. I've relisted twice now, and I'm frustrated. D refuses to wear jeans if there's any way he can avoid it- he thinks all jeans are uncomfortable. I need to sell them soI can buy him more clothes with the money from selling the jeans. UGH! Ironically, I listed some old Christmas lights I found in a box and sold them within 3 hours this morning.... but only for $10. It did buy bread though!

I think I need to lie down or something now. I want to include pics of my peppermint bark and gingerbread men though.... I guess I'll take those and then lie down. =o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔