I feel like I need to write something

but I also feel ornery and don't really want to. =)

I'm so far behind I may never catch up, but I can fill in a few of the highlights I guess. With this pregnancy I've had strong painful contractions for weeks now. I know they aren't "push-the-baby-out" contractions- but they're pretty uncomfortable at times. I keep hearing from women who've had several pregnancies that their contractions were worse with later pregnancies, plus when they were over 35 years old. Maybe that's what the deal is, I don't know.

So I was scheduled to have the cerclage removed at 36 weeks and 2 days, but ended up in the ER with fairly strong contractions just after 35 weeks. My OB went ahead and removed the cerclage the next morning, and I promptly dilated to a fingertip. Two weeks later I remain dilated only a fingertip. I swear to you I dilated to 5 at 23 weeks with Logan a he literally fell out- sac and all. I don't know what's up with DBall (delivered at 39 weeks... 3 weeks after cerclage removal) and Kupcake- still holding strong in there. I don't think she ever plans to come out. Maybe she truly WANTS a Christmas Birthday. Either way, she's still in there and show little sign if ever coming out. So there.

Not only is she make no effort to come out, she's also not assumed the correct position to come out if she ever decided to. She is transverse- on ultrasound it looks like she's lying in a hammock staring at her fingers and occasionally her toes. Her tiny ballerina behind is pointing toward my cervix most days, and her head is on the right side of my uterus (she butts me with it throughout the day) and she's pretty much reclining toward my right hip. Her feet are sometimes up on the left opposite her head, but sometimes she stretches them down and kicks my bladder or kidney. It's uncomfortable.

She seems to like to hear her father's voice. She wiggles around a lot when he leans down and talks to her. Sometimes really uncomfortably so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔