Tomorrow may be the day....

but I'm nauseous just thinking about it. The more I consider it, the worse I feel about the Dr. turning the baby.
Kara came on Friday, but Celeste was out of town and ABall was at work. So Kupcake was agreeable to turning, but as soon as Kara stopped blocking my pelvis, the child stuck something (knee? leg? bottom?) down in it. Hopefully she will have time to come by tonight, and she and B (and maybe Celeste, if she's really bored!) can try to turn her again with adequate assistance. I'm hoping she's bigger now, with less room to swim, and if we can get her head down there she won't be able to pull it back out? It sounds plausible in my head.
I'm scheduled at the hospital for the external version tomorrow morning at 8:30am. The plan is to attempt to turn her, but if she won't turn I have a c-section scheduled for 1:30pm tomorrow afternoon. Now I'm thinking if we can't get her turned tonight, or at any rate if she's not engaged tomorrow at 8:30, I will have them skip the version and just do the c-section and be done with it. I'm not wanting a c-section, at all, but apparently people live through it all day, every day. I've walked the neighborhood, the house, done upside down and yoga exercises- I just don't know that there's any more I can do to turn the child or encourage labor to start on it's own.
We had a great Christmas Friday night and yesterday, I thought. We didn't open Kupcake's family gifts yet... since she's not even out yet. We did, however, open her stocking from Santa in case she "needed" any of it at the hospital. Turns out she did! Santa brought her a baby doll, some paci's, some hair bands with bows on them... and some cute little ballerina sockies and mittens. She'll definitely need those!
Dball was pretty excited about his Christmas. He got some Harry Potter Legos, some Toy Story 3 Legos, a wii video game and a book he'd been wanting. He also got $20 from David & Alice & family, and $10 from Nana and Grandpa. He feels rich!!
B and I both got watches we'd been asking for, and I got movies I really wanted. B got movies he wanted too, and a wii video game he was REALLY wanting. I'm glad we decided to lower the amount of gifts this year- and I'm looking forward to bigger Birthday celebrations next year. I'll admit it was a little difficult for me -- I wanted to buy more and more gifts for D & B.... but it really is a celebration of Christ's birth, and I really felt we needed to focus more on that.
D spent a great deal of time putting Lego sets together yesterday, and of course he and B spent hours playing wii. D put most of the Toy Story Lego set together right after Church today, and of course they're back to playing wii now for the last few hours. It's pretty cool here and humid- and I guess they could be doing worse things.
I'm really looking forward to K getting here, getting to see her in real life, and B being off work for a month. Sadly he will be out-of-town Jan 16-19 for a "business trip" to San Diego that I wish me and the kids could accompany him on... but other than that he should be around the house with us. Mom and possibly Ashlie are coming if K ever decides to deliver, so that will be fun. D's hoping Nana will want to eat out at Red Lobster- I don't think we've been there since Nannie left for Alabama?
We are still sad that Nannie is gone now, and we didn't get to see her for at least 9 mos... I so wish she could've traveled here, or I hadn't been on bedrest so I could've seen her. She was excited about Kupcake and wanting to make her blankets and booties and things- but just didn't have the energy to do it. I still have the booties she made D, but there are no pink ones of course. Oh, well. I do have the girl stocking she made me years ago- for "just in case" I ever have a girl. We hung it this year and Santa filled it. It matches D's but has a little girl dreaming on it instead of a little boy. I'm really glad she thought to make me that all those years ago. I've never found the brightly colored baby blanket she made that is my favorite... no idea where it could be. But I did take the blue ribbons out of the cream colored blanket she made us for the hospital with D, and replaced them with light pink ones. So I can take her picture on it and it will be just like D's hospital picture, only pink. =) Makes me happy!
Thanks mostly to Celeste I think we have most of the equipment we need for K, with the exception of a crib. Bryson got a table saw for Christmas- so he should be able to finish her room during his paternity leave (wooohoo!). I'm glad we got the co-sleeper, and it will be sufficient for several months since I would never put her clear across the house in her own room before she's 6 mos old at least.
I think that's about all I had to catch up on. Hoping I make it through tomorrow without having a nervous breakdown or something... =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔