Further and further behind....

but I do have a couple of "announcements" so I better get the facts down while I still remember them. Or while I can still access them on the calendar in my phone, anyway.

So my littlest Kupcake is getting SO BIG now. On her 22-wk Birthday (June 6) she finally cut her first tooth- the bottom left. She did not feel all that "better" as I had hoped, but the drooling slacked off a little for a few minutes there. She yelled and cried and carried on at bedtime- I'm guessing it was somehow related to that tooth. Fortunately, for the first time ever, she slept 6 hours in a row that night. It was SO FABULOUS for me! Then 2 days later, on Wednesday, June 8, she got her second tooth (bottom right). Same fit happened at bedtime. Unfortunately she did NOT sleep 6 hours that night, nor has she since.

We did leave for Aball's work conference in Hot Springs the next morning though. The kids and I swam in the pool and saw some sights. We went to the Mid America Science Museum, and to the Coleman Rock Shop (cool!). We ate at McLard's BBQ (didn't love the sauce- the meat might have been fabulous, but they had dumped sauce all over mine and I couldn't really taste it that well). Their tamales weren't really (tamales, that is), but they were tasty enough. Really the best BBQ I've ever had is back home in Texas.

We also ate at Cajun Boilers which was decent seafood. It wasn't fabulous, like Clifton's or Hillman's or Landry's ... Apparently there's a Landry's in Birmingham. I sure wish Nannie had known, she'd have wanted to go there I'm sure. Nannie and I drove up to Branson just to eat there once. My B had never had alligator or crawdads before- and he and D (!!! NO KIDDING!!!) tried both at Cajun Boilers. I don't think either of them loved either dish, but at least they can say they've had it now. I had some of the alligator, but just can't bring myself to eat the crawdads- even when they're fried. Having seen it crawl up out of the ditch in the backyard was enough for me. Ugh makes me nauseous just thinking about it.

Before she went to bed B went ahead and weighed himself with and without the girl. I guess she weighs about 17 pounds now. She has such chubby arms and legs that I keep her in onesies w/skirts or dresses most the time. Her 6 mo clothes are too snug and I'm bidding (on ebay) on 9 and 12 mo size dresses for the sweet little (chubby) thing. She likes to chatter a lot now- and has no shortage of opinions about most everything. Though I had given her a spot of oatmeal before, I made avocados her basic "first food" I guess. She's had it 4 times now, and hasn't had a bad reaction to it. She reaches for food so I figured she must be hungry so it must be time to feed the child "real food". She eats it mixed with (breast) milk, a little soupier than applesauce. I'm thinking she may need smashed bananas (mixed with milk) next. She recently increased my milk supply so I'm guessing she's planning to grow even more here shortly. Bless her heart. She's SO SWEET and she randomly screams and screeches. It's fabulous and so different from Dball.

I have been seeing the chiropractor and must have forgotten how much pain I had been in before he'd done several adjustments. Then Wednesday I slipped and fell in Walgreen's (I don't really want to talk about it) and now my neck, shoulder and back are hurting all over again. I cannot WAIT to see the chiro tomorrow. I did file a claim with Walgreen's because of the water I slipped on in their store. I feel sort of really stupid about the whole thing, but there's a strong chance I wouldn't have fallen if there hadn't been water on their floor. I'm guessing.

I've been trying to determine the best way to drive out to AL since the girl doesn't travel so well. I was thinking nighttime would be best, and maybe she would be asleep. But I might be asleep too- and then where would we be? Then I thought maybe we could drive to Little Rock/Benton and stay the night with someone there, and drive the rest of the way the next day. But I really don't want to harass people to stay with them, and I don't want to pay for a hotel and deal with that either. Maybe I can get some napping in and drive at night. I might just have to wait and see how I feel that day?

The boys are coming in - from whatever they've been doing in the garage- so I better get off here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔