UNBELIEVABLE!

The past 6 months have been- well, mostly a blur, if I'm being honest. I'm fairly certain I've never been so tired in all my life. Last year was pretty much a wash too- bedrest for 3/4 of it and all. But honestly it's been SO WORTH IT to have this amazing child in our family. I don't want to repeat the experience by any means- but I wouldn't trade her for anything. And next Sunday the little darling will be 6 months old!

I am continually amazed. She can sit with assistance now, though she prefers to be on the move- all the time. I can hardly get her to sit still. Celeste claims she sits on the back porch swing and rocks with her for long stretches of time... but I'm hard-pressed to believe it. When she's with me- she thinks she needs to be up and about. The child is up on her hands and knees rocking now, and has managed a few "steps" (similar to crawling- but rather more short-lived). I'm sort of terrified that once she really takes off- I'll never get her to slow down. She becomes quite angry when it's naptime. I think she's mad that her eyes won't stay open, mad that I tell her it's night-night time... just really put out about the whole thing. But she wakes up cooing and smiling- she's fabulous!

Both kids and I went on a road trip to Nana and Grandpa's last week. Shug couldn't go because he had to work. D was such an amazing help- but Kupcake does NOT appreciate the carseat experience. At all. Thankfully we stayed with Jennifer and her family on the way down, so that was a nice break. K actually did much better on the way back- we stopped OFTEN to nurse and let her jump and move her legs... The last 45 minutes were really rough, and D says he hopes he never hears Baby Tad again because he sat in the backseat (using Baby Tad) trying to keep her from screaming at the top of her lungs, with varied and limited success. I'm positive I couldn't have made the trip without him though.

We had an enjoyable time at the Grandparents.... Mom made me breakfast every morning! Usually I have to cajole poor D into keeping his sister occupied while I try to finish cooking my breakfast... then eat it while I'm nursing her in the recliner. So having it prepared for me was FABULOUS (thanks Mom!). D got to play with cousins (at Jen's house, then other cousins in Alabama) which was a real treat for him. Good things seem to all come at once- just before we left for Alabama, B's sister and her family were here, so D had all those cousins to play with too.

B weighed himself with and without my chubby little Kupcake last night and I think she may have gained another pound. I did try her on bananas, which she really liked, but it seemed to make her constipated. Like after not pooing for 3 days I had to give her a suppository :(. We've gone back to just nursing now. Unfortunately at Mom's (with no bananas or anything other than breastmilk) she went almost 4 whole days without pooing. She was cranky and miserable, so Mom got her some "pediatric liquid suppositories". She didn't love that, but she did poo a LOT and became much friendlier shortly thereafter. I was SO RELIEVED when she poo'd yesterday (at the Phillips' farewell party) and then again today. Hallelujah- I SO dislike the suppository route. Maybe girl needs oatmeal?

The boys have Cub Scout Twilight Camp this week- they are there now. Poor Shug had to work until 6:30, and Camp starts at 5:30. A friend took Dball up there- and B went pretty much right after work. Thankfully all the "powers that be" at the Post Office agree that B will be made full time, we're just waiting on an "effective date". Then he should be able to say "no" when he has a prior commitment and they want him to work overtime. It's just so frustrating that they know and agree he should have been full time months ago, but continue to force him to work so much.

Cool- boys are home now, girl is still asleep?! Poor thing has a cold and snarkly nose and itchy eyes...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔