I could swear that morning

comes earlier and earlier every day. Obviously I realize this cannot be accurate, but morning is definitely not my best time of day. I don't think we ought to have to interact with other folk until at least 10am... 11 would be better for me. Just sayin'.

Yesterday was a little busy for us. B was off work, so the three of us went together to Sam's to see about getting new glasses for moi. They didn't seem to be any less expensive than my eye doctor sells them for, so I didn't get any yesterday. I'm going back to the eye doctor Monday or Tuesday, because he offered an additional 20% discount when I requested my spectacle Rx. FABULOUS!

I neglected to mention that as an "early Valentine's gift" we got a new washing machine last weekend. It's a front loader with "silver care". Samsung says, "Samsung has developed and patented a technology, using a 99.9% sterling silver plate located inside the washing machine. Through electrolisation, 400 billion nano-sized silver ions are emitted, directly penetrating into fabrics during the wash and final rinse cycles, creating an amazing anti-bacterial and sterilisation effect on clothes." Either way it was only $30 more (at Nemos) than the one without silvercare, and I believe in silver- and being able to wash clothes on cold and have them come out sterilized sounds perfectly fabulous to me. Also I'm cheap and poor, so the additional savings fromusing cold insteadof hot water only adds to my delight. And finally, my other machine was broke and we had to start it spinning by hand- very tedious. Happy Valentine's to us!
And we did not stop there for V-day. Dball went to play at the Wheeler's while B and I saw Percy Jackson. B is quite disturbed when they change things ("unnecessarily") between the book and the movie, but I enjoyed it because I look at them as two separate entities. DBall will see the movie with his Mythology class friends tomorrow.

Yesterday was one of our home-schooling group's Valentine party at a local skating rink, and B went with us to that too. Poor Truman didn't get to come- he broke his tiny little leg and spent the majority of the day at the Dr. for xrays and finally, thankfully, they cast it yesterday afternoon. The three of us went out to Texas Land & Cattle Co. for dinner last night- it was fabulous! I had chicken fried steak (of course) because I was concerned a regular steak might not be tender enough for me to get down. We had a sirloin queso as an appetizer- and a chunk of meat slipped down before I could chew it and I was really concerned it might get stuck there. I'm guessing it didn't because I haven't been ill, but I was glad I ordered the chicken fried so I didn't really have to worry about chunks of food and my altered digestive tract. Dball had, obviously, the chicken strips and fries. B had a sirloin and the piece I tried was actually very tender and tasty. I still prefer Ruth's Chris, but if you don't have $100 for dinner (we don't, lol!) TL&C is a nice alternative. I still like the Outback, but now it's a toss up between the two places. By the way I also had the sirloin soup- and I couldn't eat it because it was so salty. The manager was our main waiter- and when he came to pick up the bowls he asked if it was too salty, so they must be aware of it.

I happen to love fresh flowers (tulips, stargazers, pink roses....) but while we were at Sam's yesterday I suggested instead of getting me cut flowers for Valentine's maybe we could get something to plant in the Spring. I'm SO EXCITED B went with it, and we got some pink peonies and Nelly Moser Clematis. I'm hoping the clematis will grow on the front porch rails (concerned about enough sun?) and the peonies maybe by the mailbox? Both could grow on/near the mailbox though.... but I can take cuttings off the clematis if it grows and then have them in two places. We took a huge rose bush out of our front flower bed last Fall and relocated it (fingers crossed), and I'm hoping the hostas that were surrounding it still come up. I want to put a river birch in the corner of it but B is balking about that. I might have to put a rose-of-sharon or something in there instead. SOMETHING has to go there either way.

So anyway today B is back to work and D and I are going to Cman's basketball game at 9:30, thern the library to pick up Fablehaven audio CD that's in, then DBall is going to see Percy Jackson with his mythology class. I will be cleaning house and preparing my Sharing Time lesson/activity for tomorrow. B thinks he may get off work "early" today, like around 3-4pm. He and DBall are going to make Valentine's this evening, and we may rent a movie? Or just play wii guitar hero... we desperately need a third wii-mote. Hah! Bet you didn't know you could "need" one of those. We have two guitars and a mic though, but only 2 motes. So there ya' go.

I've been thinking.... I want to dance. Like two-step. When I was at BYU (Go Cougs!) there were dance places that didn't serve alcohol, so teenagers could go. I wish we had one here. There's an Electric Moo (B says it was Electric Cowboy before) that appeared to be a dance place, but when I was suggesting to B that we should go there, he said a friend of his from work was flashed by some skank floozy who was charging $5 a guy.... ???? SERIOUSLY??? That's disgusting, and B says if that's the kind of crowd that frequents that place then maybe we shouldn't go there. B doesn't even dance, but he'd be willing to learn if there was somewhere we could go to dance. In this house there aren't many wide open spaces for dancing.

Comments

Nicole Bolinger said…
I feel the same way about mornings. I'd like to go somewhere to dance too....even karaoke!! THere has to be somewhere!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔