Don't even know where to start

because I don't really have much to say.
Things are going pretty well here these days. I've yet to find pain relief, though excederin stress (tylenol + caffeine, with no aspirin) works somewhat and doesn't keep me awake. I guess that lunatic psychotherapist wasn't too far off in diagnosing me with ADD.... but I don't want to take ritalyn (I hear there's newer meds- but I don't much want to take them either). I remain slightly disappointed that I cannot drink Diet Coke or Dr. Pepper since surgery- I try it every so often and regret it fairly shortly thereafter. The cherry DP is FABULOUS- I would likely drink it every day if I could. The excederin works for mild headaches (if I take them before they've made migraine status) but not for too much else. A Dr. suggested lyrica, but the side effects sound sort of awful, and with my luck I'd get them all. I might end up trying it eventually- but I don't think I'm there yet. There's a semi-local chiropractic group that accepts our insurance, and while I'm terrified of chiropractors since that one in Utah tried to kill me- I'm intrigued by their description of theraputic massage. I'm thinking that's what I need- but I bet my insurance doesn't cover it. Presently I cannot not turn my head all the way to the right. It's not as bad as it was in college, but it's getting worse in spite of hot baths and excederin.

I feel like home-schooling is going pretty well. DBall had started complaining about math, and Celeste suggested he might be bored so we sped it up and are skipping a lot in each unit. He's complaining less so I'm thinking he might have actually been bored. Thanks Celeste. =o)

He still hates writing, especially in cursive, and I dislike arguing with the child about cursive writing. Therefore we're doing very little of it right now. We're not dropping it entirely though, because I still feel like he needs it even in this techno electronic world we live in. I wish I didn't have carpal tunnel and could write things out longhand- and while he may never enjoy it, I want him to at least know how.

We're still doing the Pathway readers and workbooks and I love them. He doesn't love them, but he doesn't hate them and I'm good with that. Since it's only himself I only make him read a couple paragraphs out loud, and he has to do all the worksheets that go with each story. I think there's 3 worksheets for each little story. Really I think they're fabulous, and I'm glad he tolerates it without too much complaint. He would continue to do them regardless, because I was an English major and it's still one of my favorites.

He's been listening to the Percy Jackson series on audio CD with his father most nights before bed. They previously listened to the Harry Potter books, but with the Percy Jackson movie coming out I wanted him to be familiar with the story. I've gotten him Huckleberry Fin on "playaway", so he's been listening to that during the day the last week or so. We record the Bill Nye (the Science Guy) shows that come on PBS in the middle of the night (2 am, I think??), and he thinks I'm giving in to him when I let him watch the recordings during "school hours". I don't feel bad about it.

I'm increasingly distressed about the pink master bathroom. ABall removed the outer layer of wallpaper while I was at Mom's last Fall, but several walls still have the backing on them. With my neck and back in their current condition, I'm leery of getting up there and trying to scrape it off. It's almost stressed me completely out though and I might just have to do it sooner rather than later. Also we have the dark taupe pain for the front two rooms (dining room and office) that I'm really spending a lot of time considering lately. That, too, will put my back in worse condition. But I might just have to do it?! With the master bath I feel like taupe walls (instead of the current rose pink) couldn't HURT the overall appearance, even with the pink tile and pink countertops. I figure it can only help. I'm going to insert pics of the pink master bath just so y'all can see why I might be distressed about it.... maybe you won't see it, but I'll feel slightly more justified at any rate.

We had the Cub Scout Blue & Gold banquet tonight and I thought it went pretty well. We only had 4 boys there, but their families and leaders made up the other 20+ folks there and I think they had a good time. I took pictures, I might try to get them loaded up later, but not this evening.

I think I'm going to have to close this for now. I've had a hot bath, excederin, and I need to lie down. I'm going to think about painting a little more before bed, and about getting the chair rail for around the kitchen table.... oh! and the hook to suspend the chandelier over the CENTER of the kitchen table, instead of where it's currently hanging in my way....

Comments

The Speak's said…
I noticed you son dislikes learning cursive. My son didn't like it either and it came down to he coudn't figure out all the loops and crap (my oldest has a learning disability called visual processing disorder). A friend suggested getting the Handwriting without Tears writing curriculum and it worked wonders! I have retaught cursive at home to my children with this and they enjoy it much more. My oldest now prefers to use cursive and he is in 8th grade.

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔