So we're having a baby... hopefully

We'll be 12weeks tomorrow, which is a plus.
The new OB (McAlister) is definitely better than Collins at "Her Health"- or anyone else there, really. But he might be a little loopier than the last time I saw him 5 years ago. Even though he's been fully apprised of my gastric bypass surgery, he suggested I try to get all of my protein from plant sources. ?!?!?!?! I tried to tell him that I can only eat 1-1.5 cups of food at a time, and I have to eat protein first to get enough in. He pretty much kept right on talking like he'd had a brilliant idea. Eventually I just had to nod my head and smile. Obviously I will NOT be getting much of my nutrition from plant sources, but I don't need to discuss that with him again.
I've had this subchorionic hemorrhage again, but it doesn't seem nearly as bad as last time. When they did the ultrasound this past Wednesday the technician was not very forthcoming about measurements or anything like most people are. She just said it's still there. The baby is there as well, heart beating strong and legs dancing around. I have pics, but I'm waiting for ABall to scan them in for me. My cerclage is scheduled for July 1, then a few days to recover from that. Hopefully that will go well and I'll be able to at least float in a pool a week or two after. I'm really hoping the spotting ends soon- but at least it's scant and dark brown.
We got 2 Maltese dogs from a woman on craigslist this week. One is 9 y/o and weighs about 5 lbs (we think this one will go live with Nannie) and the other is 7 y/o and maybe 8-10 lbs. We're probably going to keep her to be Gizmo's dog. They're both pure white and sweet. I don't think they've ever been trained much or had a lot of contact with people. They don't seem to know their names, and they're not very bright as far as dog breeds go but I think if we work with them we will be able to train them at least a little.
Think I better run now. Will try to do better updating, especially since I'm on modified bed rest all day every day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔