I am the busy mama of a 2 year old

It cannot be as unbelievable to anyone else, as it is to me.  I had SERIOUS PLANS- I was going to have 7 kids, the first 6 boys, then my girl last.  All before 35 y/o.  When I didn't get my Deuceball until I was 30 year old (after 5+ years of trying, and losing my Logan a little over a year prior), I cut back to 5 kids.  4 boys, then  my girl last.  I had visions of sending her off with her older protective brothers, calling out, "Watch out for your sister!" as they went about their business. 

More than a dozen miscarriages later, I clearly was not going to have that many children.  I was pretty certain I was "due" another one, but one keeps getting older and doubts set in.  With all the miscarriages and other "female problems" from the PolyCystic ovarian disease, my patient and supportive OB-Gyn (and Stake President) offered  hysterectomies; which apparently is the only way I could have gotten any relief.  But I always knew in the back of my mind that it wasn't the time.  I didn't know why, or how or when (the Lord is fully aware that I am an OCD perfectionist who likes to plan EVERYTHING out), but still I knew not to have the surgery.

To actually conceive a child when you're 40, well for ME to actually conceive a child at 40, was traumatic.  I figured I'd get through it one way or another, but had zero misconceptions about it being a simple process.  Truly I wouldn't wish it on anyone.  From the morning sickness that lasted all day, every day, for months on end... to the constant bleeding and threat of miscarriage... to the cervical cerclage to keep the child in there... to the bed rest.... to the BLASTED C-SECTION... I'm worn out now just thinking about it. 

She's SO TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY WORTH IT though.  I'm not sure how any of us here ever made it without her.  She's SO gorgeous, and sweet, and STINKIN' SASSY that you can't help but love her.  Well, I can't help but adore her.  I'm sure the kids she pushes around and tries (and tries and tries) to keep in line when they don't behave the way she wants them to ("NO Ma'am, Deucey!!! NO MA'AM!") probably don't think she actually hung the moon and stars, but I DO.  I absolutely think she's the most fabulous daughter that ever was- and I'd do it all again.  In a heartbeat.  And that's saying a lot for me.  (I said a LOT, Mr. Boshears, with full knowledge that it's not a legitimate literary term).  I am exhausted, and look OLDER AND OLDER every time I see me in a mirror.  But I reckon I didn't look that great to begin with, and still she's worth it either way. :) I *REALLY* like her.

So it's my beautiful angel's 2nd Birthday already.  Seems so impossible to me.  Some days drag on, and on and on; but the time as a whole has flown by.  She walks, talks, sings, plays- is sort of against using the potty or wearing big girl panties these days.  She loves jewelry, earrings, anything sparkly or glittery.  She loves chocolate (she's SO FABULOUS!) and REALLY likes to be in charge.  Of anything.  Of everything.  Whatever it is, SOMEONE needs to be in charge of it, and clearly she's the obvious choice.  No matter what it is.  I feel like that might could possibly cause her some problems in her future.... but right now she doesn't want to discuss it.  At all.  She tells me "NO MA'AM" when I merely suggest such things.

I might add a picture after her cake & ice cream on Saturday... for now I'll add a cute pic of her in her sassy black boots I think.  And I've got to work on dinner, and restart "TIGER!!" on the TV for her.  precious little imp that she is ;)


Comments

Reba said…
She is precious! What a little gift for your family. I know you are, but continue to enjoy every minute. They go much too fast. :)
Nicoletobusy3 said…
Great post,Angie. AND boy do I know sassy. I think Kenzie and Zofia are 2 peas in a pod. ;) I never pictured me with 3 kiddos and another on the way. I always thought 2 is what I will have. But as I think and contemplate about this being our last one I still think and believe that we still have room for one more. That would be 5!!!! EEEKKKK!!! The thought scares me because I did misscarry a few months back. I am so afraid of having to go through something like that again. As you know how hard and an emotional roller coaster it can be. Heavenly Father is in control ( I am still learning myself) that I LIKE TO BE IN CONTROL! But he knows and sees whats ahead. Again scares me to the core. I hope Kenzie had LOTS of cake on her special day and I cannot wait to see pics. <3

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔