Wow, twice in one day....

I've been reading Adriana Trigiani novels lately. I was so glad to find an author who uses so little vulgarity and cursing- really I was getting worn out of it some days. I've read three of her novels now, and the last one was the first in a trilogy- woohoo!

So we went to the Jones Center to see Cman on the zip line. D had previously said he was glad he wasn't old enough because he didn't want to climb up all those ropes and stuff. He seemed pretty impressed with it though when Cman went across- and he's considering it for his birthday next year. When we picked B up from work (at 2:45p!!) he told him all about it. He was pretty excited.

Back-to-school was always one of my favorite times of year. As I notice all the back-to-school supplies and sales this month I've been a little sad that DBall can't experience that. But then I realize that he never looked forward to school (after kindergarten) like I always did. He is ecstatic to stay home and not have to go back. He no longer calls everything "boring" or says that he "hates" everything. He's seldom pissy and hostile anymore- and during the school year in 1st and 2nd grade it was an every day occurrence. I'd have to send him to his room for at least an hour every day after school just to be able to deal with him at all. I don't know what happened to him there- but something must have. I know kids need to learn to get along with other kids, of differing ages, but the older kids at recess were mean to him, and they cheated bad at games. I SO wished someone out there would supervise and make sure the kids were playing fair and nice- being bullied SUCKS. D is big on rules and order, so maybe that's what "happened" to him that turned my joyful happy son into a depressed and angry child. I don't know- but I'm really relieved that he's "back" and neither of us have to deal with that anymore. I'm actually a little scandalized that he had to deal with it at all.

Presently I'm working on a migraine. AceBall has gone to the old house to pick up the closet organizers, then I will take DBall to chess club. We will leave chess club 1/2 hour early to pick up ABall and go to soccer practice at 7:30. We'll probably go directly from there to the high school for CMan's midnight football game. :) Busy, busy!

Celeste says we may be going to White Water Friday or Monday- which would be really fun, but I don't know if she's really up to it. We shall see...

Guess I'll go make Aball some grilled cheese sandwiches.... .

Comments

Laurie HIMCR said…
HEY! It was good to talk to you! Can't wait to see you guys!

Laurie

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔