Can't wait for vacation! DISNEYLAND here I come!!

This has been a pretty busy week so far- and promises to be more so before it's all over.

Monday D. and I searched all over- for hours- at department stores and malls for a short sleeve light purple golf shirt for him to wear in family pictures in California. To no avail. I guess I could check the different
walmarts again... but I don't know where else to look. He has a long sleeve button up shirt of the appropriate color, which he may end up wearing with the sleeve rolled up, but I'd really rather he have a golf shirt (short sleeve polo).

I can barely remember yesterday, except D and I cleaned floors (I vacuumed and he mopped), and he cleaned his bathroom. His Birthday party with friends here is Saturday- so we have to get ready! Today we're going to a
home school activity at the Jones Center for a few hours. But later this afternoon he has Chess Club (6:00pm), soccer practice (7:30pm) and his friend C-man's first and only football game at 9:00 pm (if you can believe that!!!)!!! Unbelievable, 8 year olds starting a football game at bedtime.

Tomorrow we have ETC
home school meetings from 10am-1:00 pm. I can't remember what we're doing Friday during the day- but I'm fairly certain I'm forgetting something I previously agreed to? Maybe someone will remind me somewhere along the line..... Friday night is a pool party at 8:00pm in Fayetteville for another home school group we're in.

Saturday is DBall's 8th birthday party from1-3pm in the afternoon, and then later that evening we're going to the Grape Festival in Tontitown because we've been here 7 years and never been there. This is the first time Aball has had normal work hours so that we could go as a family.

Next week is our last week here before we leave for vacation- I'm so excited I can hardly wait!! We're leaving early in the morning on 8/15 and staying that night with Katie in Texas. The next day we're driving to Arizona, and will hopefully be able to make it all the way
to Laurie's house in Tucson to stay there for the night. Then we'll arrive in California 8/17 and stay that night with Bonnie & Sam and their cute girls. We're leaving the next morning for Disneyland, we have hopper tickets (we're going 8/18-8/19, staying overnight in Anaheim and will be in Disneyland for DBall's actual Birthday!). The grandparents are going to Disneyland with us,and we've invited the entire rest of the family but we're not sure if they'll be able to make it or not (but we hope so). I think we're planning to eat at Goofy's Kitchen the night of DBall's birthday- if we can afford it and they have chicken strips that DBall will eat. :D We'll get home fairly late to Bonnie's house that night.... I believe they've scheduled D's baptism for the next evening (8/20) and we will have family pictures that night as well. I believe the next night is pool and movies at Bonnie's complex. When Benny and Anissa leave town we'll be moving to Bob & Em's house- we'll get to see their girls and their very newest baby girl! We also have tickets for Legoland and Aquarium of the Pacific, and would like to make it to the beach if at all possible the next week. We're hoping other family members will be up to some or any of these activities with us- the tickets to the Aquarium are fairly inexpensive and we have an extra one if anyone needs to buy just one. I got a good deal on them on ebay last week. Oh! And Amy mentioned going to the LA Zoo as well.... I LOVE ZOOS!

Right after we get home I'm driving D. to Nana's house in AL, where she is going to take him to the Zoo and the Science Center place, and other fun stuff while I drive Ash to Idaho. We're going to be very busy for a few weeks there- but I'm SO EXCITED!!! I've also been exercising more again, and have lost a little over 6 more of the 15 lbs I wanted to lose before vacation. It's definitely doable... I'm going to look for another swimsuit in a smaller size maybe today sometime- the one I have has a halter neck and I feel like the sisters are flopping out of it all the time. They don't actually flop
out, but it seems a little risque to me. I'm thinking I need a smaller size now. The girls need to be strapped down a little better.

ABall bought me a new nightie and muumuu for vacation last night!! I cannot wait to get them!! he wasn't so excited about the muumuu, but they're SO COMFORTABLE especially after swimming or all day at California Adventure... or Disneyland.... I LOVE THEM. And he loves me, so he deals. It'll be nice to have a nightie that fits for a change- most everything I have on hand is HUGE on me and I get a little tangled up in bed at night....

Alright I've gotta run now- I can't remember what else I wanted to include here. Oh! For D's birthday I'm making a jelly roll sized "cake" with double chocolate chip cookie
on the bottom, and brownie on top. I'm going to put icing in the middle of those payers, and icing all round/on top of course. I'm going to put iced chocolate oreos on top to look like legos (Lego Star Wars is his party "theme"- even though it's mostly a swimming/water balloon party). We also signed him up for the Lego's Brickmaster Club as one of his Birthday gifts, and he'll get a cool Star Wars mini Lego thing on top of his cake as a surprise- he doesn't even know it exists yet. :) So I'm thinking I'll make the brownie layer tonight, freeze it, and then I'll be able to more easily place it on top of the frosting on top of the cookie layer. It's like 11'x16", and I was afraid it would break up when I tried to flip it over the top. I'm hoping this works,or we may end up with brownie on the bottom?!

Okay,
ttfn!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔