ParTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!

After quite a bit of rain yesterday and last night (hallelujah) it has been a cool morning. I went for my walk before 6am this morning, while B was showering before work. It's not quite chilly, but it hasn't gotten above 70° yet....
Saturday we celebrated DBall's birthday with his friends. I made him a Star Wars Lego cake out of double chocolate chip cookie (on the bottom) and brownie on the top. He wanted green (homemade) butter-cream frosting. He enjoys cooking and baking, so he was lots of help. We ate in what we hopefully refer to as the "Party Cabana".


D of course loves opening presents. His friends gave him great gifts- he even got a Kid's Bop CD that we listened to for most of the party. That will come in handy on our vacation (road trip!) and B can download it to to D's mp3 player for him. He also got Legos and Bokugon things- he's enjoyed them all. Nannie sent him a huge Lego Star Wars kit which he started putting together that afternoon, and his father helped for a couple hours as well. D says he "loves Legos- they are the best thing EVER and [he] wants hundreds more!". It does keep his mind active- he's such a little engineer. He constantly amazes me asking how things work or go together (do I look like I know?) and when I can't provide a suitable response, he just makes one up. Often they're pretty good, and seem like plausible explanations. He even explains to me how that would work and why. I maintain that I'm putting him in charge of the whole household in the next couple years....
Our party games didn't go as planned- the grass was too dry and sharp to roll water balloons across it (they popped- over and over). So we just went with the water balloon toss. We did (2? 3?) rounds of it. I think Evan and Laura won- I remember them getting prizes anyway.

After that they swam, which is always a blast. I was surprised when B jumped in the pool with them-


but the kids seemed to know just what to do.


They all chased him around the pool and hung on him, and he threw them off over and over again. He was pretty worn out when he finally got away from them and climbed out of the pool.

We intended to go to the Grape Festival later that evening, but instead we ended up going to Patron's and it was fabulous. B figures he can try the grape ice cream next year...

Tonight D is going to his first sleepover birthday party. I'm a little scandalized about the whole thing, but I'm thinking it's better if I keep that from him. He's pretty sensitive and I don't want him worrying about me. They're going to play laser tag, bowling, and eat pizza. They're all bringing their wii controllers and games, and he says they're going to stay awake all night long. I don't see that happening, but it could I guess. Sounds like lots of fun for the party mom!

Today we're just reading again (for school purposes) and I think that'll be the case most of the week. I'm strangely bluh and tired... not sure what it is. I sure do wish it was already Fall though- I can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔