I am completely exhausted, oddly. Slept all night- had a pretty decent day yesterday- don't know what the problem could be. I even remembered the "fall back" thing.
So Friday was Halloween. We went to The First Tee activity (all 3 of us in costume) and Deucey played 15 holes of golf and won candy/prizes. That took like over an hour. Then we went to Sonic for free hotdogs and drinks, but the one nearest our home would only donate to Deucey's cause. We stupidly purchased food there for Bryson and me, but I'll think that through better next time. The other Sonic in town- not even 2 miles I reckon from our home, asked us how many hotdogs and cokes we wanted! I'll remember that.
Then we went to the ward Halloween party/carnival at the Scates house. We stayed for what seemed like quite a while, and Deucey played the games and 'won' about 4 pieces of candy, then ran around with Peyton the rest of the time. Got bored with that pretty quick, so we went trick-or-treating.
Saturday was our last soccer game for the season- kind of relieved. D's team won 6 to 2, against a little team with the most obnoxious coach I've ever seen in chidlren's sports. He screams and yells, and instructs the kids to elbow and push the other team's kids,. He's SUCH a jerk, I don't know what they allow him to coach. He doesn't even shake hands after the games!
We went to Allison & Laura's birthday party in the afternoon. It was at a gymnastics gym, and the kids basically ran around and jumped on the tramp and in the foam pit. They're going to be baptized today- and I'm leading the music (though I don't actually know what music that would be!) and then we're planning to go to their house for dinner. Last night we ate dinner at Ruth's Chris- for the first (and likely the last) time ever. It was FABULOUS! The waitress addressed us by name, of all things, and they don't actually have a children's menu. Sadly, D doesn't actually eat real food; so in the absence of fried chicken breast of some kind, he ate shoestring potatoes and HUGE onion rings. He seemed pretty happy with it though- didn't complain or even remember to drink his sprite. B and I had the "special"- where two people can eat for ONLY $89. B had an 8oz filet, and my entree came with a 4oz filet, stuffed chicken, and a crab cake. Most impressive: NO BREADING on the crab cake! It was literally all crab. The steak was perfect- and pretty much melted in your nouth,you didn't actually have to do much chewing. And they brought our chocoalet explosion dessert with a pink candle on top- on account of my Birthday :o).
B is off work now until 11/11. We're leaving this Thursday afternoon for Alabama, to visit Nana & Nannie. We'll come home Sunday 11/09. Then I have pre-op 11/11, and surgery 11/17. Wish it was already done and over with it. Still don't know what I'm going to wear for the next 9 mos or so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔