The day after the day after

Halloween wasn't horrible, and my Birthday was actually kind of fabulous! Somehow, I think I totally neglected to take any pictures of the three of us. I'm usually pretty good about taking loads of pics, I'm not entirely certain what happened. Maybe there's some on the camera or one of the phones.
This year we (read: I) were a little put out that with the splitting of our ward, we can no longer have Halloween Trunk-or-Treat (OR 4th of July, but that's another rant) with "Springdale Ward". Elder Bednar came earlier this year to split our Stake and then our Ward, so we officially live within the boundaries of the "Har-ber Ward" now. So we had a party/carnival at a ward member's home instead.
Our D. decided to be a Storm Trooper (or clone trooper? one or the other) this year and I was, as usual, a witch. With pink hair. B. was a wizard, so we could kinda match. I'm always and only a witch, so perhaps he will continue to be a wizard.
We picked
D. up at school at 3:00pm, and decided to run home and don costumes and head out for the evening. We went to the trick-or-Treat Classic put on by The First Tee- and D. had a lot of fun putting for candy. Oh! I know I for sure have a picture of him in costume with Spongebob from that event- whew. That took an hour and a half or so. Next we went to Sonic for free hotdogs and drinks.
By this time (6:00pm or so) it was time to head to the ward party. There was a bonfire and a few games, and then
D. mostly ran around with Peyton for an hour or so. We stayed for quite a while (at least an hour) and eventually left to trick-or-treat in a nearby neighborhood. I didn't get to hand out candy in our neighborhood, but the boys had fun trick-or-treating and we now have way more candy than anyone could ever actually need.
B. was off Halloween night, and will be off until 11/11. So Monday (my brithday) we spent shopping for my birthday gift, and we ate lunch at MiMi's Cafe. After school B. took
D. to shop for me, and he picked out a little glass pink "Bird of Hope"- it's too precious! He said there were "mini Hope birds" but they didn't have any in pink, so he was slightly disappointed. He said the minis were CUTER.
Later that night we had
D.'s end-of-the-season soccer party. It was potluck, and held at the coach's house (poor things). The boys ran around like heathens all night- while the adults mostly talked and ate. The boys got trophies which, of course, was the entire point of the exercise. D. loves his trophies!
B.'s been working hard around the house- he cleaned out the garage enough that I can park in there again (I think it's been almost a year since I was able to park in the garage- if not more) and today we put all the guestroom furniture in the guestroom, and took the other stuff out. We need to work on the playroom- and get the PS2 in the playroom (and out of the living room). He's installed a ceiling fan in the remodeled master bedroom (yeeehaaaw!!) and I couldn't be more delighted. We're still waiting on the countertops, but the people we're buying them from always have a list of reasons why they haven't called us back yet.
Tomorrow I think B is volunteering up at D's school, then we're checking him out early to drive down to Alabama. I've been catching up on laundry and cleaning bathrooms today, in between everything else.
And now, I believe, I shall take a bath!

And to all a good night!

Comments

Ree said…
Hi Ang! Just found you here. Sounds like you are keeping busy. I would like to see some Halloween pics if you can find them. (Of course, I have yet to post my own.) Actually any pics at all would be welcome--it's been so long since I've seen you all! I'm sure D. is huge.

Have a safe trip to AL.!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔