Will have to fill in the blanks later....

I'm SO tired and sore, but I'm finally home from the hospital and it looks like I'm going to live. So far so good, anyway. I'm mucho relieved that he was able to complete it laparoscopically, I was terrified he would have some issue that would cause him to convert to open.

The IV was traumatizing- but at least she only stuck me twice this time before she got it in (4x if you count that numbing stuff- which I hope to remember to tell them to skip the next time... it doesn't numb, and I end up with more sticks than if they just did it straight). Seems like it took me awhile to come out of anesthesia this time- surgery was over at 1:30pm and I don't recall actually being cognizant until 6:00pm or so. Spent the first night in SICU; and Bryson, Celeste and Melanie visited.

I've started 'stage 2 diet' (2oz high protein drink on the hour, then 1oz water ever 15 mins in between). I have not had any nausea yet (*crosses fingers*) and no vomiting thus far. YAY for small miracles.

Oddly, I'm a little worn out now. I'll update more later if I think of anything worth mentioning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔