Back to humanity...

For a while there, like the entire first week home, I wasn't altogether certain I was actually going to live through it. I seriously underestimated the amount of pain I would be in as well as the amount of tolerance I could muster up for thick high protein shakes.

Fortunately every day has been an improvement this week, and fortunately before my pain medication ran out. I was extremely concerned the pills would run out before the pain did. My back still hurts when I stand up too long, but I reckon that's a good reason for B to load and unload the dishwasher when it needs doing.

I purchased some fabulous cookbooks I'm dying to try. Next Tuesday (2/02) I go for my 2-week check up and will hopefully "graduate" to "soft foods" (right now I'm enjoying high protein CLEAR FRUIT drinks and water, thank you very much). So I'll be high protein and avoiding potatoes, rice pasta and breads from here on out, but I'm good with it. There's even a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes- I'm willing to give it a try. :D

Today I'm driving for the first time- and clearly BEFORE the no-driving-for-2-weeks limit my surgeon imposed, because B & C can't figure out how being a passenger in a car is any different than driving one. Like I made the instructions myself. But that's okay- I'll probably come through it unscathed, and it's not like I think B doesn't have anything better to do than drive me to the grocery store. I'm hard-pressed to come up with anything at the moment, but surely there must be something.

I believe I'm not going to make it to Church tomorrow. Since I'm having to drink something every 15 minutes, I think I'll wait til next Sunday. Right now my 'schedule' goes:

2oz high protein drink 11 am
1oz water 11:15am
1oz water 11:30am
1oz water 11:45am
2oz high protein drink 12:00pm
etc., repeat ad nauseum.

So I have no idea if I've lost any weight, but apparently my face looks like I have, so that's optimistic. I'll find out at the Dr. on Tuesday. Oh! For several days last week I kept getting really dizzy when I'd stand up, or if I was already standing whenever I started moving. It wasn't just dizzy, I would actually start falling over, and either the wall,bed or B would have to catch me (stop the fall). I had been very hopeful that my high blood pressure would resolve with the surgery, but for some people it doesn't, just lessens somewhat. So I called the nurse and she told me to stop my HBP meds, and keep an eye on my BP. It's been running 125/70, at the highest. YEEE HAAAW!! NO MORE HBP MEDS! I am ecstatic. Next I'm going for losing the CPAP machine.

Our Silver Dollar City Season Passes came in the mailand I was thinking of how much more fun this Summer will be. Celeste's family gets them too, along with passes to White Water. So we can spend all Summer going to the water and amusement parks. So excited.

Alright gotta run- grocery shopping won't wait forever I guess. I sure do wish you could call and tell them what you need, then go pay for it and pick it up in an hour or so. That woudl be SO fabulous.

XOXOXOX

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔