Sorta starting to wonder if it'll ever stop raining....

At this point I'm soaked through, and I'm SO TIRED of the constant rain. If I had my garden in I might not mind quite as much, but we can't plant the garden until we close on the new house. Since the seller is out-of-state, all the forms have to be over-nighted back and forth. The mortgage broker says we're "still shooting for Friday" to close. Bizarrely, he's the one who suggest we might be able to close "as early as Tuesday" (TODAY) but he never contacted the title company until yesterday?! I really wish people would just get ON it already and do their jobs. Honestly I can't do everyone's job for them.

Today we were pretty busy. Poor DBall has a cold (after visiting the pulmonologist yesterday) so he's been coughing and suffering with some congestion. NO DOUBT it came from Fun City last week. His amazingly brilliant mother didn't even stop to think about everyone with swine flu and colds- just trotted our hot little selves down there to jump in the thick of it all. The other (homeschool) moms told me that right before we got there, an entire busload of public school kids had just driven away....... UNBELIEVABLE. Sadly it didn't even occur to me that we might ought to have avoided Fun City like the plague until after we'd been there an hour.... by that time I figured we'd already caught whatever disease(s) were floating around the joint.

But I digress.... this morning we went to the mortgage broker to drop off another paper he needed, and we went to Sam's. We went by the bank (twice) and got gas. I had to run by Bead It for help with some necklaces I'm sending out for Mother's Day (also neglected to get a picture of those- but Mom will surely oblige me when I visit in a few weeks) and chat with Lori a bit. Sweet Kali was there watching Bridge to Terabithia- she's so cute. DBall got a pet rock, which he's been "wanting forever". Then we stopped by Celeste's corner market for milk, our new Singapore math (which I had delivered to her house) and our new dog crate which Donnie obligingly picked up for us from his work. The kids ran around for a little while, and poor TuTu's little pink nose ran and ran. And he griped a bit. But he has a cold too and doesn't seem to be enjoying it much.

We finally made it home and I got the Crock-pot Quesdillas going. We had the Treehouse Gala at 5:00pm. We took chips and salsa, and participated in the silent auction. (we came away with 4 different packages from said silent auction, lol). Then the guitar class performed, followed by the Spanish class's presentation and then the 3-4 y/o's did "Stone Soup". Finally the main play (Alice in Wonderland) was put on by some of the students. It was kinda fun, and the play was pretty cute. Even DBall enjoyed it and didn't complain.

I also received a box of clothing a very sweet lady in VA mailed me today. I met her on an online board for people who have had (or are going to have) weight-loss surgery. She wouldn't even let me reimburse her for shipping, and most of the clothes fit me now!

I think I have to goto bed fairly soon. Tomorrow is library day. After that we usually go to Jim's for lunch. I think just DBall will be eating there tomorrow- I only eat their salad anyway and I think it's been making me kind of ill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔