Today I did...

absolutely nothing. All day long. Didn't shower, didn't get dressed. Just laid in bed (while B slept) and read my book. Then I had DBall watch movies in hi room and lounged on the couch reading the same book.

I didn't really feel well today. I previously decided to try a 4-day school week, with Friday being the day off. I printed DBall up a weekly schedule he can mark off with a dry erase marker. He was excited to see no school today.

After I finished the novel I was reading I decided to shower. I had DBall watch some of the Bill Nye (the Science guy) programs we've been DVR'g. He decided he'd like to do experiments that were done on the show. So we "fried" ice cubes, and when said cubes were boiling we added sugar and food coloring. That's two experiments in one- btw. The frying ice cubes (changing from solid matter to liquid and gas); plus the rock candy we're now making. It takes so little to make the child happy!

So I did shower, but I reckon it's too late to get dressed now (obviously) and I made macarroni casserole for dinner. And despite my best efforts the child did manage to get some Science into the day- so perhaps all is not lost after all. I still don't feel fabulous, about the same as I did last night. Hopefully I won't have bad dreamstonight. Last night I dreamt that D was sitting in a lawn chair on the back porch, and I felt bad so I went to liue down on my bed. Apparently (in my dream) I fell asleep, and when I woke up the next morning my poor 7 y/o was still asleep in the lawn chair on the back porch. I was traumatized!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔