A pretty good week, it was....

Things are definitely looking up in my world. I've tried a few "soft foods" and it seems to be going well, though there's clearly NO WAY to consume 70-100 gr protein from food for me, with my magic tummy only the size of an egg. Really it's just not going to happen. I believe I'm going to name said magic tummy....

Celeste, bless her heart for real, and Truman her infant accompanied me to World Gym to sign up last week. They advertise this fabulous $22.95/mo deal, and that's what I was going for. I'm supposed to be exercising 3-5days a week, 30-45 minutes each time. I have a Gazelle, which is fabulous and virtually no impact, but my right hip and my lower back start aching so badly about 5 minutes after I begin, and I just can't keep it up.

So we went to the gym, had to tour the entire facility, and then finally made it back to the office. Apparently that amazing deal they advertise all over the place limits you to working out: Tues, Thurs and Sun prior to 3:00pm. And it doesn't include water aerobics! The audacity.
I've decided to go back to the Northwest Athletic Club here in Springdale. If I pay a year in advance, I get 6 months free tagged on to the end. It's $35/mo, with no registration/joining fee and no contract. So it works out, with the 6 extra free months, to about $25/mo. They have water aerobics on M, W & F. They have "deep water running" where you tether yourself to the side of the pool on T & Th. I'm excited! I've been to their water aerobics before- so it shouldn't be a problem.

We enjoyed "Breakfast with Santa" Saturday morning. They had cheese omelets (that's all *I* had), honey buns, fruit cups, chick-fil-a chicken biscuits, juice, water, tea, etc.... not too bad really. Deucey decorated a gingerbread cookie man, made a cute ornament and made a frame ofr his Santa picture. The picture tuned out badly though- kind of bright and yellow. And the child looked so uncomfortable- like he was hanging on for dear life. I took some pictures of Deucey and Santa while we were standing there, though I'm not sure how well they turned out yet. Hopefully better.

Tonight we went to a Baptist Church in Fayetteville for their drive-thru nativity. We waited in line for about 45 minutes, got to pet a sheep, and then the actual live nativity last about 10 minutes. They did a really good job I thought, and there was a huge line of people waiting to see it. The people in the production were getting concerned they might be there til midnight.

Now time for my big confession for the last week. We had pizza (from Eureka- my FAV!) for dinner last night. I ordered supreme for me, and I scraped the toppings off 4 medium slices into a little tiny ramekin. I DID know I was supposed to eat it slowly, and chew it thoroughly, yada yada and wait in between bites. BUT IT'S PIZZA- and it's still my favorite food in the whole wide world. So try as I may, I basically inhaled the whole little ramekin full and THEN stopped to see how I felt about that. Well, I felt REAL BAD, to be honest. I got that pain in the center of my chest, and there it sat for over an hour. I was concerned it might all come back up, which on the surface didn't seem like a horrible plan, but I have a pretty serious concern about ripping out staples and stitches on the inside. That would REALLY suck the life out of me, and having to go back in the hospital to repair it all, I just don't think I could deal with that today. Needless to say, it finally resolved itself, and I learned a valuable lesson from it. check.

We went to Church today, and stayed all three hours plus tithing settlement and two hours of choir practice. I finally consented to join the choir, all 10 of them. They're (ok, "we're") singing like 12 Christmas songs- all next Sunday. During Sacrament meeting. I don't really even know how they will all fit in. I do know that I'm hoarse from the practice today though.

Next Saturday is the Mailhandler party for all the mailhandlers at the plant (the postal plant where Bryson works). It's free for us, and it's at PowerHouse Seafood & Grill. I'm ecstatic- really looking forward to it! I can eat fish, shrimp, etc... hopefully it will be FABULOUS. All 4 of my bites could be perfect! ;)

I believe that's all I know for tonight. I've had a headache, though thankfully not a migraine, for 3 days now. I've been taking Zyrtec D (Zyrtec w/Sudafed) for 2 days, but to no avail. I finally broke down a took a pain pill an hour ago or so, and thankfully the headache is gone for the moment. Would that it might not come back tomorrow....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔