YeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaaawww! (and a good time was had by all)

I had my 2-week checkup today. FABULOUS!!!! I lost 23.5lbs, cured the diabetes and the high blood pressure. I actually felt fantastic all day (the first time in two weeks I could say that) and the Dr. doesn't have to see me again until January 15.

So I ran right home and had

refried beans; with
fat free cream cheese,
low fat cheddar cheese, and
chipotle salsa

Absolute heaven, it was. Of course, after about 1/3 cup I was MORE than full... I start getting this pain in the center of my chest which I take to mean I am finished eating. And I didn't get hungry again, but as I'm supposed to be getting "most of my protein" from real food now, I went ahead and started dinner. I made these fabulous chicken sausages from Sam's- they're so tasty. They have ground chicken, asiago cheese and baby spinach in them- I *LOVE* them. Thought I could eat a whole sausage, but the chest pain showed up a little over halfway through so I decided to stop. Also I'm beyond full. I made grilled onions & mushrooms, and couscous for Bryson to eat with his fabulous sausage. My friend Celeste made red beans and rice with andouille sausage tonight- I believe I'll try some of that for lunch tomorrow (I could live off red beans and rice....).

Bryson worked last night, of course, and got homesometime while I was driving D.Ball to school this morning. He fell asleep on the couch watching cartoons for a while, then I convinced him to shower and go to bed. He had to get up at 12:30p to gowith me to the Dr. Now he's sleeping again, poor thing. He and D.ball watched Star Wars until he fell asleep (well, D. watched it to the end).

uuuuuuuuuuuggggggghhh am wishing I hadn't eaten that last bite or two- I'm so stuffed. It's SO bizarre. The dietician told me not to worry about not getting enough protein- just to try for 40-45 grams a day. I keep reading where you lose more weight and faster if you up the protein (like 70-100 grams) though so I'm going to still drink the protein drinks. I figure if I'm going to make the effort to go through a gastric bypass for heaven sakes, we're going to go all the way with this baby.

You know, I don't know how many people have actually seen me thin- really thin. My family of course remembers, probably David and up at least (and Jennifer). Bryson was around when I was thinner- but he probably didn't notice me (I'm positive I never noticed him, lol). His parents might..... and people from Benton Branch and shortly after we became a ward. Old Little Rock Stakers might. Hmmm... interesting to think about.

Well I've got to- go do something (not sure what) but I'm suddenly overwhelmed with energy, guess I'll load the sorry dishwasher.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔