Halfway there.....

So I'm in the middle of laundry- including all the sheets and towels (I say that like there's loads of them or something, but it does *sound* better in my head when I read it back ;) ). I've made the trail mix; which is really actually only dried apricots, blueberries, cranberries, cherries, strawberries and sunflower seeds. I'm not actually going to eat it myself, concentrated fructose is definitely not on my "diet" (forever more). But I think B. will enjoy it, and I put it in my clear glass cookie jar. I'mm hopeful it will encourage more healthful eating. I've also decided to buy more graham crackers instead of chips for boy's lunches. I will still buy (probably baked) tortilla chips for taco salad and such, but that's not very often.

I put in 20 minutes on the gazelle. I went just under a mile. I so wanted to do the whole 40-45 minutes (about 2 miles, I figure); but that machine makes my hips, knees and feet hurt. I don't mind the actual walking/exercising, just everything aches so much afterward. I don't know what, if anything, to do about that. I'd much prefer to walk for real outside, but it's only 38° F out there, and I can't breathe when it's this cold (says it "feels like 32° F"). It is sucking the life out of me!

And about that exercising..... At first I was wearing my (backless) Propet's, which are guaranteed to go a certain distance before they break down. I'm POSITIVE I haven't gone that distance, whatever it might be. They're getting too loose on me though, and obviously that could be contributing. I have a pair of new balance tennis shoes, (or maybe they're asics?) and I can now wear them without my heal aching (plantar fasciitis- 2 spurs on one heel, 1 on the other). But they're too big now as well (I had no idea my shoe size was going to change!! UGH!!!!) so I wonder if I need new shoes. I don't wonder deeply about it, by the way, I mostly just don't want to spend money on a new pair. But really my feel are killing me. Oh! I do wonder if losing all this weight (I'm trying to be optimisitc about that- that it will indeed be "all this weight") will somehow lessen or eliminate the plantar fasciitis?! That's a happy thought.

Oh my stars, I guess I need to find something for lunch. I'm not exactly hungry, and I feel like I didn't drink enough water on Saturday. I made sure I drank at least 64 oz yesterday, and I'm trying to get at least that much today. That's a rather lengthy explanation of why I'm not so hungry (increased fluid intake). So there ya' go. We're going to Wheelers to play after school, then having breakfast for dinner!

(a gazelle, in case you aren't aware of what it is)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔