Increasingly disgruntled

I am becoming increasingly disgruntled. I realize it's completely irrational, and the folks working on the power lines likely are not intentionally leaving me without power. The first 5 nights I think I handled it well enough. They told me last night at midnight I would have electricity. Then they moved it back to noon today. Now it's purportedly midnight tonight. For some reason I want to scream, but I know it wouldn't help.

D-ball has school tomorrow, and I hate that. We're enjoying the Hotel de Wheeler for the 6th night in a row (aren't you glad you aren't them?) and I really just want to sleep in my own bed. Tonight. For real.

I went ahead and put D-Balls clothes and lunch together for tomorrow, and it probably will be best for him to get back to his routine. I'm thinking of ending that particular routine though and possibly homeschooling him next year. Mostly I'm concerned that he's not doing as well as he could be because he's being "held back" in public school. He's in Gifted & Talented, but only once a week in the afternoon. There's a group here called "the Treehouse" we could join. It would be once a week, and was started by two women in our stake and a third woman I'm n0t personally acquainted with. There's online curriculem so he could do his work online, and it tests and keeps track of how he's doing in each area. Currently he's concerned that he won't have anyone to play witha nd he'll be bored all the time (as he has zero siblings) but I think going to the library once a week, the Treehouse for 6 classes once a week, plus there's play groups available just about every day of the week.... I think he would not be bored. Certainly no more bored than sitting in school 8 hours a day for only 2 hours or so of work. I wonder if the child doesn't have ADD- and giving them only one recess of about 30 minutes in the late afternoon is not condusive to keeping him focused. He finishes his work early, becomes irritated that some of the other kids don't "get" it and keep asking "ridiculous questions she [the teacher] has already explained over and over again".

I was so excited when I heard they were opening a Math/Science charter school here- but for some odd unknown reason (read: didn't want to give up the federal money for the children wanting to switch to charter) the State School Board denied their charter. They used some lame-o excuse like "there's not enough need or interest in this area". In Springdale alone there are 16 (SIXTEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) elementary schools substantially filled with illegal aliens. Some of them are legal, but few of them speak English fluently and I don't think my child's education should lag because of translation issues. I don't even think we should educate illegals (and particularly we shouldn't allow them to deliver here and use that as a way to gain citizenship)- I think we should send them back until they can come over the legal way. That is why we have laws in the first place. I'm about to start a lengthy rant so I'll stop here.

So anywho, we're back at the Wheelers where D-Ball, Bryson & C-man are playing wii, Donnie is waiting for the Superbowl and I think Celeste is napping. Fun times!

Comments

tnunley said…
I sooo know what you mean about the power!! We left for Conway Friday evening. Left the dogs at work and the cats to fend for themselves and to watch the house. I am hoping to have ours back on by the time we get home!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔