Slightly longer than anticipated

I was really- I dunno, optimistic or something at the beginning of the week. It wasn't exactly bad, I suppose. But I'm pretty exhausted.

I don't much remember Monday, but Tuesday I had bloodwork done. I called in a refill to my pharmacy and they told me Dr. Alex had called in something last week. I knew nothing about it, and only found out about it (finally) today. Apparently Dr. had messaged me, but it never got "sent". So the receptionist sent it a few minutes ago, and it reads:

HI Angie. I want to get lab on you as soon as possible. I suspect your lytes are low (Potassium, Calcium, etc). And I'm sure you are iron deficient. We'll check everything. Please call your OB-GYN back and tell him how heavy your periods are. As soon as your blood is drawn, please start Chromagen 200 mg daily with dinner. I'm faxing a script over. Insurance almost always cover that one. And, take Docusate 300 mg twice daily. Once we get everything replaced, you'll feel better. And, you are doing terrific with wt loss. It'll all be worth it. Dr Alex

When I told my surgeon's nurse all my ailments (tired, constantly freezing to death, heavy horrible painful lengthy cycles, muscles cramping 20 minutes after start of exercise, etc...) they informed me that they don't do bloodwork until 6 mos post-op. Since I'm only 3 mos post-op, they suggested I have my PCP (I don't actually have one) or Endo do it. They did agree to do it if my endo refused (???) but of course she's amazing so she wouldn't refuse. It's presently too alte on a Friday afternoon to call my OB/Gyn, so that'll have to wait til Monday I guess. The receptionist indicated that my labs might be back, but they've had a super busy week and Dr. hasn't had a chance to review them yet. The new Rx I didn't know about is chromagen, which I'm supposed to take with docusate- which is a stool softener. I'm already taking 3 of them a day due to the compelte lack of fiber in my post-op diet. Taking iron causes constipation, so I don't know whether to increase the docusate- or?? I mean I'm optimistic, I really want to be less freezing and tired, and be able to walk/exercise without my muscles cramping up.

On Wednesday I attended the Volunteer Luncheon they had at DBall's school for us. There was lots of food - it was really nice. I originally sat with several teachers including DBall's 1st grade teacher- so that was nice. Then I decided I should inform his current (2nd grade) teacher that I was pulling him out at 9 weeks (Spring Break) to homeschool him. I really thought it would have gone better, but it really did not. She said she wasn't a fan, she couldn't believe I would do that, she really loved him and would miss him and thought this wasn't the best thing. I was really surprised, actually, by her reaction. Nevertheless I've turned in my intent to homeschool and I'm signing him up for the last few weeks at Treehouse- he's going to take Mad Science, Adventures in the Natural World and Storytime Arts & Crafts. WoooHooo! I'm really excited about it. I hope he enjoys it.

This morning Ace & I spent a great deal of time on taxes, cleaning and filing. I finished up the laundry from yesterday, because today was a vacuum day but Nannie bought me a roomba and it's FABULOUS!! The little guy charges up, vacuums the area I tell him to, then redocks himself to recharge. I *LOVE* it!He does the hardwooods, carpet, tile and linoleum. If I coudl just get one to clean up the kitchen I'd be set!!

Comments

Bonnie Tadlock said…
Roomba? WOW! I wish I had one of those. Honestly, my vacuuming is lacking--after 3 1/2 years, I finally changed our vacuum filter. Though, for as often as I used the vacuum, I guess it didn't matter I was this late...?
The iron deficiency makes sense--*heavy periods, coldness, etc* as I knew someone else who had to take more iron/vit C(helps with absorption of iron) for those symptoms. Anyway, hope everything improves!
Anonymous said…
health issues SUCK!

Popular posts from this blog

This is not finished, but I haven't time to finish it just now. I do have more to say. please don't feel obligated to read this.

Has it been 3 years?! 🤔